The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Look who i saw in speedhunters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bNasty

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2009
Chantilly, Virginia
Ive seen this car on here somewhere. But i was so surprised while looking through speedhunters that hes in here. Congrats to the owner

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That's clean.

What's speedhunters?

I know whose that is. Check my pics for another photo of it. Ill say hes from PA and has an hx40

It's Nick, his sn is Assault187.

Awd Spyder, runs 10s, dont think hes on a hx40 anymore....

He's got tons of pics in his build thread on tristatetuners if anyone else is on there.

Nasty looking car, have to say i'm a bit confused with the massive Smim, vac block, lack of power steering, and Hx40 being fed through tiny greddy intercooler piping though

Nasty looking car, have to say i'm a bit confused with the massive Smim, vac block, lack of power steering, and Hx40 being fed through tiny greddy intercooler piping though

Pretty sure thats a JMF drag manifold. You should see some of the drag Evo manifolds, theyre massive. If he is running tens, hes got something right.

Oh no, i can tell its a drag manifold, i was saying its odd that the car has so many high dollar-full race parts, with obviously a great deal of time and knowledge put into the build, and its still using such a restrictive intercooler setup

Its a JMF Drag SMIM, they're a bit bigger then most. What appears to be a vacuum block is actually a distribution block for my methanol, which was once direct port. The Greddy intercooler is a bit obsolete for the setup but I was focused on running 10's the way is was before shooting for a better FMIC. After the death of my last HX-40 @ 603 awhp, I recently switched to a BW362et turbo which made 640 at the same boost level. As for the power steering, I never liked it in the car, I didn't like the way it felt. I like it this way:)

Thanks for all the good comments guys! It means alot! I still visit this forum quite often but rarely post anymore. Keep an eye out for the December Modified issue which should be on the shelves within the next few days to see the full article :thumb:

Oh no, i can tell its a drag manifold, i was saying its odd that the car has so many high dollar-full race parts, with obviously a great deal of time and knowledge put into the build, and its still using such a restrictive intercooler setup

if you look at the first picture theres clearly an fmic. the piping is somewhat misleading but I'd guess it either has same side inlet/outlet or the licp is routed over or under the core behind the bumper

My best friend works at JMF, we help each other out a lot so it saved tons of $$. Not to mention Jim (owner) is an awesome person.

I did however upgrade the pipes though, all the pipes are 2.5" now and the only greddy parts retained were the core and the elbow up top. The car will have a Garrett core on it in a couple months.

Sounds pretty sick, so i'm guessing the next step is a 9 second daily driven spyder?

See you got rid of the GREDDY print on the FMIC like i photoshopped on your car in my photos. You said you liked it. Glad you did it.

Your pic was the reason I did it.
Glad you liked the work i did! :)

Send me some high res pics so i can have some and maybe make some edits and make them perfect.

BTW, ive got the brother of yours without the drop top. Same color and GSX. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back