The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Long time no see!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadGSX91

Probationary Member
Oct 19, 2002
Yashio city, Japan, Asia
Hey all...

It has been a LONG time since I posted here, and I don't have the GSX anymore...in fact, I moved, that's why I sold it. I now live in Japan and was wondering if any dsmtuners members live over hear with me.

I have gotten back into a Nissan and having fun living over here with my wife and kids. Got two jobs, one I like, one I don't care much for, but it pays better than the one I do like.

The car I am driving is a Nissan Laurel Club S turbo. I know it's not a DSM but hopefully the members here appreciate all cars I won't get flamed for posting here...LOL

Here is a pic of the car
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Details are...

1990 Nissan Laurel
Engine, RB20DET
5 speed swapped from R32 GTS-t type M
JIC Magic Coilovers,
Blitz turbo timer, boost guage and intake filter.
Jazco 3.25" cat back
Enkei RP-01 16X7 and 16X8 wheels front/rear respectively.

I had forgotten about this site till a member at another forum I frequent posted about here, so I thought I would drop in and say hello.

If anyone lives here in Japan, please feel free to hit me up via e-mail and let me know where you are.

Later all.

Neal

sweet car man, good to have ya back...

i assume its RWD... :p we do alot of swaps at the shop im at for nissans... sr's and rb's....

Yeah...it is RWD. It has a stock VLSD but I have a helical one that I want to put in, but I don't have a rear case...just the diff.

I hopefully will be doing an RB26DETT swap next winter, funds providing. That should take up a lot of my winter into 2007. Here's to hopin. :thumb:

So, talk about resurrecting a thread back from the dead!! Holy cow, I didn't realize this thread was that old.

Anyway, I am still in Japan. Same city, same job I somewhat have grown to like, but new house and new (used) car. Say hello to Mu-chan!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

1995 Nissan BCNR33 GT-R V-spec in Midnight Purple.

Picked her up last October.

She has 70k kilometers, cat back, APEXi filter kit and Yokohama AVSs in 18X9.5J with Bridgestone 265/35/18 at all four corners.

Sadly, the Laurel is gone on to another owner, who I hope will take care of her, but I doubt.

Anyway, came back to help out a friend who is considering purchasing a 93 FWD TSi and he was looking for some info. Hopefully, you'll all get another member in the not to distant future.

Oh, and on a side not, do any of you guys know what an imported 1G or 2G goes for in stock trim over here in JDM land?

That's the same car I have in GT4. Even the Midnight Purple.

haha i have the same thing, well all the skylines actually, upgrade the r32 to 900+ hp and beat the group C race cars with it :sneaky:

that skyline is gorgeous!! i will be visiting japan at the end of april, hoping to see some really sweet cars

haha i have the same thing, well all the skylines actually, upgrade the r32 to 900+ hp and beat the group C race cars with it :sneaky:

that skyline is gorgeous!! i will be visiting japan at the end of april, hoping to see some really sweet cars

Where in Japan will you be? I am about 30 miles or so, if that, from Tokyo. I'd be willing to take you down to Daikoku Futo one Friday or Saturday night. Also, what dates are you going to be in town?

As for the question I asked, a few weeks ago I was passing this car dealership that usually sells Silivias, EVOs and Subies, and there was a red FWD 2G turbo, bone stock except for a set of nice chrome wheels and a fart can...$12K. And it was an auto.

Where in Japan will you be? I am about 30 miles or so, if that, from Tokyo. I'd be willing to take you down to Daikoku Futo one Friday or Saturday night. Also, what dates are you going to be in town?

As for the question I asked, a few weeks ago I was passing this car dealership that usually sells Silivias, EVOs and Subies, and there was a red FWD 2G turbo, bone stock except for a set of nice chrome wheels and a fart can...$12K. And it was an auto.

I'm going to be visiting my sister who is an english teacher. She lives in Matsue, which is like ~500 km south of Tokyo, I think in Shimane prefecture. Unfortunately I will only be passing through Tokyo to switch airports :( I will have to give Tokyo a better visit if I go again in the fall. Thanks for the offer though!!! If I do get to go back, what are some good things to check out in the city? When my parents were there last year, they only spent one day in Tokyo, so they didn't get to do much either

Return on another original member, welcome back. So how did you land a job in Japan?

Well, before I registered here on DSM tuners, I was in the Navy, stationed in Yokosuka, Japan.

That's when I met my wife, who is Japanese. I lived in the states for 3 years after the Navy, which was when I had my 1G GSX. We made the decision to move in 2003, and completed the move in March 2004.

Been here since, working as an English teacher, myself.

I'm going to be visiting my sister who is an english teacher. She lives in Matsue, which is like ~500 km south of Tokyo, I think in Shimane prefecture. Unfortunately I will only be passing through Tokyo to switch airports :( I will have to give Tokyo a better visit if I go again in the fall. Thanks for the offer though!!! If I do get to go back, what are some good things to check out in the city? When my parents were there last year, they only spent one day in Tokyo, so they didn't get to do much either

Interesting, should be a bit warmer down south. Hasn't been above 50 for a few days. Had a couple 60+ days last week, and even a 74 degree day in February. Supposed to start warming up in the next week or so, so I am hoping to get the R in for a good detailing. I'll be making a trip to Tsukuba mountain next month.

Back in November, shortly after I got my R, my wife, kids and I took a road trip up to Hakone for some nice mountain driving and nice pictures.

Here's a link.
Sunday drive to Hakone Skyline Touge (many pics inside): General Chat: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub

So, anyway. How's everyone around these parts doin?

I sometimes consider getting back into a DSM, even over here, just for the sheer fun of them...LOL.

What about Sheppard...what's his current record in the Talon these days?

Last I knew it something down around 8s I believe.

And also bumping my own thread...woot!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back