The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

long route piping to short route on greddy 24r?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fulanititoo8198

15+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2004
YeaRight, Florida
My car is down right now so I'm basically just tinkering around with it. I have a greddy 24r fmic. I was wondering if it's possible to take the original piping locations and weld them shut. Open new holes up in the back of the end tanks and make my own short route pipes for it.I've never seen it done and can't find any threads on it. So can it be done why or why not?

Thanks
C

It can be done, sure. Its just you have to find a welder who can weld aluminum, and also the IC needs to be pressure tested after its finished. It may just be easier if you were to cut off the original end tanks and have some fabbed up out of aluminum, that way it would look better and the design could be unique. Don't know how much it would cost, maybe a few hundred bucks, maybe not. If your IC's in bad shape, you may be better off buying a SBR or AGP or likeways core.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back