The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Logic Performance - Am I screwed?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xleRateGSX

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2002
Bay Area, California
I should begin by saying that I have been looking for slotted rotors and pads to replace the warped OEM set I currently have. Throughout my decision making the number one catch has been drilled rotors. I have always had problems of shuddering as well as cracking under normal braking.

I came across the set of rotors and pads from Logic Performance for a shipped price of 342.09. Now if you have purchased a set of rotors and pads in the past then you know this is a screaming deal. I placed my purchase on December 28th and received them by January 4th (awesome time) but unfortunately I did not receive the set of slotted rotors like I have purchased but slotted and drilled.

Keep in mind that I have to drive to work every day 42 miles round trip with warped rotors. Not good at all! I hate to do this but Chris from LP is not responding to my email any longer. I feel as though I am getting shafted and this isn’t your normal rant or trader scam.

So like I said I placed my order on the 28th of December and by the 4th of January I contacted Chris of Logic Performance to advise him of the error in shipping. Below is all of the correspondence.

Leif said:
Hello,

I placed order #36 for the rotor package of 4 slotted rotors and received 4
slotted/cross drilled rotors. Normally I would not mind the error but
drilled rotors shutter under braking. This is something that I can not deal
with on a daily driver. I would like to receive the slotted rotors. Let me
know what you would like to do. Thank you in advance.

Leif

Chris said:
Leif I run the cross drilled and slotted rotors on my car they do not
shudder. Run them if they start to shudder within 3 months we can return
them and get you brand new rotors. What do you think?

Chris

In return
Leif said:
I would rather not because of the potential for cracking which is almost a
given with drilled.

Chris said:
I can swap them out if you like. But they are warranted against cracking
also.

Chris

Leif said:
Thanks Chris. I understand you are trying to find the best possible solution but I would prefer to swap them out. How long is the warranty on these rotors anyway?
Chris said:
Lifetime warranty against warpage and cracking.

Chris

Ok, interesting, there is a warranty but nothing came in the box detailing the said warranty. I’m iffy on this because there is no paperwork and also the wrench time in replacing defective rotors.

Leif said:
I know it’s a hassle but I would still prefer to exchange them.

Leif

Chris said:
They will be shipped out Monday and they will pickup the incorrect ones. I
will get you the tracking # then

Chris

Awesome, I feel like I am getting grade A customer service. We encountered all the possible routes and he is still able to work to my preference. I mean he did ship the wrong rotors in the first place. Not my error right.

Well that was supposed to be Monday the 10th and it is now the 21st. So I contacted Chris once again. The correspondence is below.

Leif said:
Hello Chris,

I wanted to see what the status was on the rotors? My warped rotors are
getting extremely bad and I really don't want an accident. Please let me
know.

leif I.

Chris said:
I will check today for you.

Chris

Well this was the 19th that he sent me this email and since then I sent another email on the 20th because he never got back to me like he said. It doesn’t take three days to contact R1 and see what is going on. Let alone there was never a tracking number provided on Monday the 10th. The shipping date of the correct rotors.

Thank you for reading, I know it is long. What do you all think should be the next approach to getting the correct rotors?

I don't know but sounds like a bad deal. I've talk to Chris befor but I didn't order anything.

I know this wont be open long. Good luck. Don't wait to long to replace your rotors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back