The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECUflash Log shows more timing than the map calls for??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PieEyedPiper

DSM Wiseman
Nov 13, 2004
North Bay Area, California
So it finally nice out and I've been doing some "tuning".
I've run into knock city and I'm trying to figure out what the main issue is. The maps are not so far from stock that they should become unusable - They're even conservative, I think.

Here's an excerpt from my most recent log. You will notice no pegged tps voltage, waaay too knock happy for that right now.
During this log I am hovering around 3500 (peak torque-ish) to try and get an idea of what's going on. I'd be surprised if I went beyond 10psi.

Notice that when it's knocking, timing is reading 27* or more at loads of over 100.
The high octane timing map doesn't even call for such things.

In the 3000 and 3500rpm cells, at loads anywhere near what the log is showing, a maximum of 18* can be seen. :ohdamn: So with 11 counts of knock.. it was trying to run like 30* or more?

Would love it if anyone else has seen something like this or if I'm just being thick. I do not know how to log 1byteload. It simply sits at 0. 2byte seems to work great though, just from intuition, it seems fairly accurate. Could this be the problem? Or maybe my map got scaled really funny while I was messing with it and the lables/loads/rpms are not representative?

EDIT: Ok, so I've fixed 1byteload logging. Still no difference. Can't figure out why the car is trying for so much timing. New log attached below - don't bother hassling me for not having the wb logged.

Attachments

• log.jpg
    log.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 181
  • map.jpg
    map.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 178
  • EvoScanDataLog_2013.06.12_14.29.56.csv
    15.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Resolved.

I may have had a combination of things going on. Firstly, I edited the map definitions to include/exclude cells. After making a complete mess out of it I just reversed the procedure with some minor manual manipulation it was all back to the way it was( or it appeared). Now, couple that, with disabling the p04xx bits and you've got the janky-ass kool-aid that I was sippin' on. It's been recorded that one of the p04xx periphery bits has some negative side effect on timing.

what does the low oct map look like can you post a pic. ?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back