The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Log and tuning help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candela

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2002
Austin, Arizona
I know this isnt very complete yet but Id still like a little conclusion. The rundown: Got the car running with 16g full turbo back 3" w/test pipe, 550's/afc combo...but havent installed my fuel pump yet (dont ask).

I finally got it running good enough to drive but it stutters and has no power. I logged it with the pocketlogger and am very confused. My o2 voltage is very low most of the time (lean) but pulse width is up there. The car stutters with more than 30% throttle past 3500rpm like its running really rich , but the o2's are still saying lean. The whole tim I never get less than 12 degrees timing. but I still got a crap load of knock at 100% throttle applications???? I dont really know.

Im going to put in the pump, charged air fpr and gauge, ant then Ill post my actual logs if to try and get this corrected. I just wanted to get it running as smooth as possible for now.

oh and I got lots of white smoke, that I never had before these mods. So Im thinking either the cat was bolcking this before or its the burning off from the new exhaust. It doesnt smell like coolant or oil, just stinky...

Well you are confusing the hell out of the car with big injectors and a pump that can't support them

I figured that, but I just wanted to try nd get it running a little botter before I drive it to gilbert (intense motorsports) for some additional work/tuning. Thanks for the reply though John.

P.S.- You should try and make it out to speedworld with all of us next wed., Id love to see you out there...

They are going to put in my fuel pump, and maybe clutch and some tuning. I think I told you about my pump situation...right. The clutch I just dont have the tools. Ive done too many in the past, but I just got out of the marines and am staying with my parents for another few weeks, and they have no tools whatsoever. If I had the tools I would do it, and would save money in the process. I think they have a dyno at intense as well, so maybe if they dont charge me too much, I might get a little time on it (dropping t-case...).

Update...I got the pump in and the car runs a little better but still wont hold anymore than 30percent throttle... I read off of rre's page that if the car wont rev past like 2-3k rpm's than it could be afc connection. I went down rechecked everything and resoldered and heatshrunk all the wires. The maf wires and the rest are perfect. I really dont know whats up with the car, and why it wont even run any boost or anything? It feels like fuel cut any time I punch the throttle. I thought maybe it could be a spark issue, but everything checks out ok. Any ideas?

We definately need to see your AFC settings. List all the high trims, low trims and TH % points.

You modify your MAF at all?

My settings are exactly the same as whats on the rre site. The 1g with 16g, is what I did mine after. 30 low and 80 high... My maf has lower honeycomb removed and the screw backed out flush...thanks guys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back