1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Load factor off dsmlink

Posted by Sam's GSX, Oct 21, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. Sam's GSX

Sam's GSX Proven Member

Joined Jun 10, 2018
    Hohenwald, Tennessee
    When I switched to a s256 about a year ago, I had to add a lot of fuel using the fuel sliders, a few months ago someone on here suggested zeroing them out and use mafcomp, which worked great and I was able to get a more accurate afr at wot, but mafcomp is extremely high to compensate, which I don't mind to much except my load factor now goes up to 320/340ish, and when I increase the boost to 22 for one pull, it went to 370...which is not even on the dsmlink table.
    Another thing is that dsmlink thinks I'm running like 38psi.
    This wouldn't bug me to much, but I have meth coming in and when the failsafe activates I would like to have lower timing on that part of the table, so I really just need an accurate load factor.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Street Build 249  3

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. Sam's GSX

Sam's GSX Proven Member

Joined Jun 10, 2018
    Hohenwald, Tennessee
    *lower timing on the lower part of the table.
    My failsafe will bring the boost to 15.5, which hopefully will lower the load factor enough so I can have much lower timing there.

Street Build 249  3

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. rabenne

rabenne Proven Member

Joined Apr 21, 2006
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Isn't there a way to make a global MAF adjustment and then even it back out with the global fuel setting?
    Untitled.png

What is your AirflowPerRev at idle? Attach a log so we dont have to guess about what your settings are...

Street Build 33  5

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM

Street Build 7K  8

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. Sam's GSX

Sam's GSX Proven Member

Joined Jun 10, 2018
    Hohenwald, Tennessee
    Working on it, I'll upload a good pull, then the one with 370 load, I had to let off pretty quickly on that one because of knock (6 degrees of retard)

Street Build 249  3

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. Sam's GSX

Sam's GSX Proven Member

Joined Jun 10, 2018
    Hohenwald, Tennessee
    370 load pull

Attached Files:

Street Build 249  3

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. Sam's GSX

Sam's GSX Proven Member

Joined Jun 10, 2018
    Hohenwald, Tennessee
    i have lowered the boost since the first pull, the second is mostly for my current settings.

Attached Files:

Street Build 249  3

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  7. Sam's GSX

Sam's GSX Proven Member

Joined Jun 10, 2018
    Hohenwald, Tennessee
    AirFlowPerRev at idle is 26-28. not sure it matters but i have switched to locked open loop, but that shouldn't affect this problem.

Street Build 249  3

awd · manual · 2G DSM