The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

"Lizzie" 1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello everyone !! Owned this gal for a year now, figured it was time to show you guys!
My name is Kevin, i am in Edmonton, Alberta Canada !
And here is Lizzie, she is a 1990 Plymouth Laser RS turbo, in 5speed form.
Been looking for that exact spec for years, always wanted a Red 1GA fwd turbo manual, with a sunroof, and i am glad she finally crossed my path !!
Luckily sporting the fantastic rare Archer Racing Pacific lip kit ! If you know of any other ones in existence nowadays, i would love to see them !
Enough talking, here is some pictures 😁

20230415_153227.jpg

20220913_075012.jpg

20230416_163929.jpg

20220828_182658.jpg

IMG_20220426_184513_547.jpg

IMG_20220911_195949_632.jpg

Last edited:
That body kit is fantastic. Absolutely love your car!

I see you’re rocking a 3” exhaust on a fwd. Was that a kit or did you just build your own? I was considering the cxracing downpipe since it’s the only fwd downpipe available and costs less than the parts for me to build a similar one, and then build my own from the dp back. What did you do?

That body kit is fantastic. Absolutely love your car!

I see you’re rocking a 3” exhaust on a fwd. Was that a kit or did you just build your own? I was considering the cxracing downpipe since it’s the only fwd downpipe available and costs less than the parts for me to build a similar one, and then build my own from the dp back. What did you do?
thank you so much Tina ! love your build too ! you are coming along great ! i always had a thing for Lasers, they are just different LOL
the Exhaust i got is 100% homemade . , i would love to have the CX racing downpipe instead honestly, at least it would look good from the front, mine was all done in steel, doesnt look the greatest visually, but does the job !! was 100% straight piped when i got it, i have since added an 18" Vibrant Resonator, helped a little bit but still too loud IMO.
will add a muffler very soon, the drone is just too much on the highway...
what you see on the pictures is litterally just a big Tip welded at the end of the pipe LOL.

thank you so much Tina ! love your build too ! you are coming along great ! i always had a thing for Lasers, they are just different LOL
the Exhaust i got is 100% homemade . , i would love to have the CX racing downpipe instead honestly, at least it would look good from the front, mine was all done in steel, doesnt look the greatest visually, but does the job !! was 100% straight piped when i got it, i have since added an 18" Vibrant Resonator, helped a little bit but still too loud IMO.
will add a muffler very soon, the drone is just too much on the highway...
what you see on the pictures is litterally just a big Tip welded at the end of the pipe LOL.
Oh ok sounds good. My goal is to make a full writeup on 1g fwd 3” exhausts since no kits exist, no writeups exist, and info in general is hard to come by. Even seeing a fwd car with a 3” seems to be pretty rare, that’s why yours caught my eye. My way of trying to give something back for all the great info I’ve been given.

Oh ok sounds good. My goal is to make a full writeup on 1g fwd 3” exhausts since no kits exist, no writeups exist, and info in general is hard to come by. Even seeing a fwd car with a 3” seems to be pretty rare, that’s why yours caught my eye. My way of trying to give something back for all the great info I’ve been given.
yeah, FWDs arent very popular in the DSM family LOL. but i personally love em, they feel so much faster than the AWD ones with all the torquesteer and spinny tires haha ! i can try to snap some pictures of my exhaust for you when i have a chance !

That would be great! I plan to mostly follow the stock routing but seeing other ideas would really help too, as that stock route is like the most inefficient design imaginable LOL. Agreed, I’ve never owned a fwd car and I find it a blast. AWD is an awful lot of complication for the life of luxury my Laser will live LOL

mine pretty much follows what the stock route was too. and yep feel the same way about my fwd setup LOL.
lots of fun.
litterally sold my AWD laser to buy a FWD one...it is just a summer car, i am enjoying spinning tires a lot more somehow haha

Fun day with Lizzie yesterday... drove her to work and my turbo return line decided it was time to crack ! Just like that.
Glad i caught it on time before grenading my engine from oil starvation , realised what was happening as the oil was just at the lowest mark on the dipstick, oooof got lucky there !
But the DSM community being awesome as always, made a post looking for one in a local dsm facebook group, and 15mins later, a fellow DSMer gave me 2 of them for free !!
Gotta love this community !!!!

20230426_161806.jpg

20230426_154231.jpg

20230426_184048.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back