The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Little Eagle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just updating for posterity sake, I had a court case that would’ve spelled the end of my career for awhile(speeding pretty far over the limit. Oops. Forgot I wasn’t in the ambulance. :cool: ) but it got dismissed.

So long story short, I finally have some free time again, and some free money as my court costs were under $200. So blessed and thankful. But, as long as I don’t end up selling this thing more updates will come…eventually. Soonish? Sold the turbo recently so I have no choice but to upgrade and go bigger. I’m thinking honestly an FP Green or similar. That plus built engine(mild), and built trans. Should be a fun street machine.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Don’t suppose anyone near Pensacola, FL wants to buy this thing is there? I’m considering just cutting bait and running back to NC and don’t wanna drag this thing or leave it here. Might do it anyway, might not. Idk.

Well, little eagle has been sold. I didn’t want to do it or expect it to happen but someone waved full asking price in cash right in my face and I couldn’t say no.

I’m immediately beginning to regret it though. Wonder if he’ll sell it back to me. :p

So, there’s an interesting twist of fate here. Apparently the guy who bought this didn’t get permission from his wife first.

So I offered him half of what he paid for it back to him, which he accepted.

You can’t make this s**t up. I just got paid $2250 for letting someone borrow my 2G which I get back.

Going to pick the car up now. LOL

Dang rough day for him LOL

For real. Guys wife was there the entire time making sure I actually took it.

I don’t mean to laugh but Jesus Christ. So yeah. Lmfao. Cars back with me now.

It feels like someone is twisting my karma dial. Dad went hardcore with his addiction, then quit cold turkey like two weeks ago. Got a massive problem ticket dismissed and then dad gets his toe amputated this week. Sold the car and now got it back along with $2k extra.

Life is interesting.

8 years I’ve had this car. 8. I’ve driven it less than 50 miles too.

That’s honestly about to change. Real soon I’m gonna prioritize just getting it running and driving in it’s stock/slow glory just to drive a dsm again. The fancy stuff will come later.

Crazy though how time slips away from you.

Also: got a little challenge for you guys. Look through my pictures here and pay attention to the muffler. Anyone who can find the exact name/brand/model muffler that was on this car in the photos(and can link me photos to prove it) I’ll PayPal you $10. I’ve looked and can get close but nothing exact.

Last edited:
For anyone curious as to how Stevie Miller from Miller Import Parts scammed me, go back to around post #60 in this thread and start from there. Around post #90 or so has videos of the exhaust ports and it smoking heavily while running.

Also, what I didn’t know at the time was the crank was cut down and the wrong stock sized bearings were used in the engine. So it spun a rod bearing within 10-15 miles. Even better, the balance shafts were “deleted” and the holes in the bearings covered with RTV instead of being flipped like the proper way is. Between the condition of the block, the head, the VC, and especially the obviously wet with oil ports, this engine never should’ve been sold to me for in the THOUSANDS of dollars as a 0 mile freshly rebuilt long block. When shown this video evidence that you can look at right here, he said “looks normal to me” and proceeded to ignore me.

Buyers beware. I’m sure people will still use him but if even ONE PERSON stops and goes somewhere else I’ll be happy.

Muffler has been identified. It’s a magnaflow 3” in and out muffler part #14834. Will be ordered soon as I start buying parts for this car again.

I did clear the massive freaking biblical proportion vines/bushes that were threatening to completely swallow the talon. So that counts. Lol. Also trying to ID this harness because I need to know it.

But I’ll also be creating another build thread for a car I was given for free. ‘08 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. Not my first choice but eh. At least it’s not a convertible and it’s the updated higher HP model then previous GTs. Needs the engine reassembled and stuff so it’s super boring. But once that’s done, it’ll be little eagles time! 😈

Well, I tightened the tensioner pulley down a shit-ton so the belt wasn’t so slacked, threw on an old turbine housing, ghetto capped off the CHRA side, and moved the talon out of its spot on jackstands and into the yard. This thing is loud as a damn Honda with no turbine wheel/open 3” NA exhaust. LOL. But it ran and moved on its own power. So that’s encouraging.

But, sadly, it had to move. It’s paint is a lost cause and it’s taking up valuable shaded real estate that the big beast needed. But man I love how this Talon sits and looks. Even with horrible paint and all.

BDDC4DE2-38FD-4BF2-9D8B-E2C6778BDA2F.jpeg

4A820807-314D-4E99-AD56-55A582EB6D50.jpeg

337E5362-65FE-4D5E-AAF4-3246AFD1C029.jpeg

E26DD476-01EE-4EEC-AD4E-FA76C515928D.jpeg

4E909036-ECFD-4FD9-BD84-5396330D2223.jpeg

And one of the big beast in its new shelter. Such a primadonna.

B45F0C9C-73F1-48C6-B7DC-06F6D79D83A9.jpeg

Glad you got her back and some cash on top. :ohdamn: that guy's marriage sounds like a cluster f***.

So what do you have left on the eagle?

Glad you got her back and some cash on top. :ohdamn: that guy's marriage sounds like a cluster f***.

So what do you have left on the eagle?

To be honest? A lot. Lol. Small list is:

Pull the engine
Flip balance shaft bearings
Pull head and get it checked/cleaned/valve seal replaced OR Replace valve seals myself with head on car(really don't wanna do this Lol )
If head is pulled, obviously pay for it to be taken care of, and then a new HG/reinstall head.
Install all new timing components
Port OFH
Reinstall engine
Button everything up
Purchase ecmlink
Purchase new turbo of some kind
But wideband/other gauges I need
Buy new tires
Buy new muffler
Install everything above
Street tune it myself
Drain trans fluid and look for metal that P.O. supposedly found.
If metal is found, curse and save $5k for a Darren Thomas Racing built trans

That’s it. :p

Last edited:
To be honest? A lot. Lol. Small list is:

Pull the engine
Flip balance shaft bearings
Pull head and get it checked/cleaned/valve seal replaced OR Replace valve seals myself with head on car(really don't wanna do this Lol )
If head is pulled, obviously pay for it to be taken care of, and then a new HG/reinstall head.
Install all new timing components
Port OFH
Reinstall engine
Button everything up
Purchase ecmlink
Purchase new turbo of some kind
But wideband/other gauges I need
Buy new tires
Buy new muffler
Install everything above
Street tune it myself
Drain trans fluid and look for metal that P.O. supposedly found.
If metal is found, curse and save $5k for a Darren Thomas Racing built trans

That’s it. :p
Sounds like a quick weekend job. ;)

Sounds like a quick weekend job. ;)

Definitely. If…

1) I had an engine hoist
2) lifts! Or even a nice shaded concrete spot
3) time. Free time. Even one weekend day off. A whole weekend? Pipe dream.
4) energy. At all. Lol.

Small, lame update. If you can even call it that, but I found these for like $20 shipped and absolutely jumped on it.

F34E7D36-EFB4-4227-B287-47BC4136A8E6.jpeg

Like, they’re not quite mint but I can only find a small crack that’ll be fixed with epoxy as a preventative thing, and the two little tabs missing on the bottom. But for $20? And they’re not in pieces? Yeah. Win win.

All of my other pennies are being hoarded for something else that’s like not a very well kept secret so like no other updates here should be expected anytime soon. Lol.

Well what in the hell is this here? :D

IMG-3152.jpg

IMG-3151.jpg

IMG-3153.jpg

^ This will make fitting a coupler easy. No clamp to grind off!

IMG-3155.jpg

:D There's some story behind this turbo actually. It came off a tug used to tow the Blue Angels Jets. So this turbo is from a vehicle that towed a Blue Angel. :) Still gonna send it off to Justin to get it checked out and rebuilt for the hell of it(better safe than sorry), but honestly it's in great shape for how long it sat. Gonna strip the comp-cover and paint it and all that fun stuff. It's just gonna get a bolt on housing since it's an 8 blade variant, but can't beat it for the cost I bought it for. Free.99!

Well folks, that’s all she wrote. She rode off with her new owner just a few minutes ago.

But, one last bit of awesome irony for you…the guy that bought it from me, is the original owner of the AMS 1G talon that I posted pictures of awhile back. Small world. It’s in good hands though.

On to other things. Can’t wait to see what her new owner does. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back