The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink Link on a Stick

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I have been doing this for a few years now, as I work on a locked computer most of the day. This was my little secret (I am sure a few others have figured this out though) on how I am able to look at logs while I am at work.
I load ECMLink onto my Thumb Drive and I can run Link on any computer, even this gvmt unit I am on right now. So say your laptop dies and everyone else has AEM or HalTech or HPTuners etc. You can run Link on their computers in a pinch if you just carry it around in your pocket on a "stick".
I will explain the process and add pictures so you all can do it if you want.
When you put your install disk into your disk drive on your computer and start to load Link, it asks what Destination Drive you are wanting to put it on and it defaults to the "C" drive with some subfolders underneath it. You simply change the "C" to "E", MAKE SURE YOUR THUMB DRIVE IS PLUGGED INTO YOUR COMPUTER, and then proceed with the normal install directions. It will install it onto your "Stick" and then you can carry Link with you wherever you go!
Viola, simple huh? :thumb:
Enjoy and good luck! Look at the pictures and it will all become clear!
Marty
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Degree's in Computer Programming and Electrical Engineering......but common sense is a dam good tool of life also! :thumb:

Interesting. Had no idea you could do this. I have a dedicated tuning laptop that lasts 6-8hrs tuning straight myself.
I really hadn't let the cat out of the bag until now. :sneaky:

It is super handy to use this way.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back