The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Line going from qg actuator to bov....is this right?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williamdsm

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 4, 2007
Newfield, New_Jersey
Hello. I'm still new to dsms, got my '95 tsi awd back in late march. It's basically all stock except for a small 16g turbo. Looking under the hood I noticed the line running off the actuator goes to my greddy type S bov. The line is T'd and the other line runs to the left side of my intake manifold. Is this how it's supposed to be? Just curious. Thanks for any and all help!

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to put wg (wastegate) in the title.

That is not correct. The wastegate should have a line dedicated to a boost source as well as the bov. Neither should have a t in them anywhere.

OK, so here's a pic. The line I'm holding is the line coming from the actuator. As you can see, it's T'd off, and runs to the BOV and to the intake manifold

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That is not correct. The wastegate should have a line dedicated to a boost source as well as the bov. Neither should have a t in them anywhere.

Could you link me to a thread that may help me out? I'm not sure what actions to take.

Probably to your boost controller ie: factory bcs or aftermarket mbc/ebc. Either top of the radiator usually for aftermarket. Or left side of engine bay behind maf & under fuse box. Two nipples on it & sensor plug harness.

I feel like I forgot to tell you that there is a search function at the top of the page if you scroll up. Drop down the menu & specify for titles/body vs entire thread. Helps narrow down what you want. 10 secs for cooldown inbetween searches.

Probably to your boost controller ie: factory bcs or aftermarket mbc/ebc. Either top of the radiator usually for aftermarket. Or left side of engine bay behind maf & under fuse box. Two nipples on it & sensor plug harness.

I feel like I forgot to tell you that there is a search function at the top of the page if you scroll up. Drop down the menu & specify for titles/body vs entire thread. Helps narrow down what you want. 10 secs for cooldown inbetween searches.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I searched around for a while before I posted this. Found some similar threads but nothing exact.

Here is link from another thread with the stock vacuum routing for a 2G Turbo, hope it helps.

Taboo speed shop vacuum diagram and removal for 1g and 2g.

thanks for the help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back