The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Limp mode in manual

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxeclipse97

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2004
Cedar Park, Texas
So i put the 20g on yesterday and now the car will only run in limp mode. It went out of limp mode but now but then I was driving to the store and it went back into it. Do I need to reflash it so it will run correctly?

After the install the car was in limp mode. When we started it. It eventually got out of it and was driving fine but now, it is back in it. While under cruise. It has a tune on it already so I was wondering if it had lost the tune but that's not it either.

His profile says that he has an act flywheel so I would assume he has a manual and hos car is just lacking power. Seeing as how he installed a turbo, I would start by looking for boost leaks.

As far as I know there's no limp mode for a manual transmission LOL. I've never heard of that before only on autos. It's probably map related if you can't go past a certain rpm or the tune is jacked up. How big are your injectors??

It won't rev over 1500 rpms it's like someone just cut the power yes the waste gate is fine the turbos starts spooling at 2500 rpms. It has evo injectors. When we started the car it wouldn't accelerate. About 15 minutes later it was driving mostly normal. This morning it started fine but then the power just cut and died.

Your statement doesn't make sense. You can't Rev over 1500 rpm but the turbo spools at 2500? Are you sure your vacuum lines are hooked up right and you have no boost leaks what so ever? What are you tuning with?

Are you sure the MAF is actually connected?? Thats the only thing that would make the vehicle go into limp mode... You could have it pushed in but its not all the way connected.. There really shouldnt have been anything other than that connector disconnected to do a turbo swap. Therefore that is the only reason the car would go into this kind of issue.

You have a boost leak. A difference in maf reading and bap reading will put ecu in limp mode.

Are you sure the MAF is actually connected?? Thats the only thing that would make the vehicle go into limp mode... You could have it pushed in but its not all the way connected.. There really shouldnt have been anything other than that connector disconnected to do a turbo swap. Therefore that is the only reason the car would go into this kind of issue.

I had to leave earlier as i was typing the same thing. limp mode means the maf is not communicating. Thats what it means on our cars at least.

Also you will get a couple cels coming up from a faulty connection, depending on how may wires arent touching and which ones are.

I have and evo maf that is connected with an ECM link harness. So I'm sure that's connected. I did a check on the ic piping and it's all connected. It wouldn't move at all when I tried to start it this time. I only removed a small part of of the ic piping when we put everything on. It almost is like when when the crank sensor gets broken on a 2g, but I don't have one so. That can't be it.

Do you have any codes? Its also possible that something happened to your o2 sensor and it is either extremely lean or extremely rich. If there are no codes, I would still do a blt to make sure.

And what do you mean, you don't have a crank sensor? You have a crank sensor. It would be throwing a code. Get codes pulled and do a blt and then let us know what your results are.

If the ecu is in limp mode then plug up to a code reader and go from there, plain and simple. but like everyone else is saying it is most likely vacuum/airflow related. mine was stuck in limp mode one time from a bad fuel pressure solenoid

So the shop says that it has low compression on one side of the engine and high on the other. And the spark plugs are fouled and it won't start because there's so much oil on the plugs. That really doesn't sound like what happened to me. It was fine before the turbo was swapped. So I'm going to have it brought back to my place. What they are saying makes no sense given the symptoms.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back