The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

lightweight no option crank pulley?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stGenRocks

15+ Year Contributor
May 1, 2004
lancaster, Pennsylvania
Not sure where to to put this question but I guess this works.

On my car (91 tsi awd) I have a manual rack and no ac. What im looking for is a lightweight crank pulley without the slots for the other belts. My car only has the belt from the crank to the alternator and waterpump so I want to ditch some rotating mass by getting rid of the part of the pulley that I dont need.

The next question is whether I can find one with a dampner. From what I've read before I think I would rather have a dampner if possible.

I don't like the idea of running one without a dampener either. It sounds like too much of risk to me, but I guess I'm a sissy. :)

I know Buchler (sp?) racing sells a underdrive crank pully w/ damper. I dont think it's any lighter but since it's a underdrive pully it's still better than the stock piece.

IMO though if your willing to go this far to obtain a small amount of incressed power, and acceleration the, money for the pully could possibly be put to better use else where. But that all depends on how much you have done to your car/engine I guess.

Unorthodox makes quite a few, You might want to look into those. They are undampened, But that what I'm running on my car right now - No problems what so ever. They're around $100 or so, or you can buy Buschurs dampened pully over $300+. I'm not sure how much the stock one is, probably close to $150-200 as well. Your choice, I'd recommend Unorthodox. It's balanced within' .001 of itself. that's super nice.

http://www.unorthodoxracing.com/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back