The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Lifter Comparison Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAL0NTSi

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 26, 2010
Westerville, Ohio
I recently picked up a spare cylinder head that came with what I think are 3g lifters. To make a long story short, I put these 3g lifters in and had some compression/starting issues. Well, when I pulled the lifters out to compare them to the stock lifters, I noticed a difference in height. The pictures below show a fully bled "3g lifter" and a fully bled stock lifter side by side. Is there supposed to be a difference in height? Or are these even real 3g lifters?

picture.jpg

picture_002.jpg

It is fully bled. My question is the height of both. Aside from the plungers, the body heights are different. Is that normal?

That's the height that all 16 of my oem lifters are at after I bled them. You can fully compress them by hand, so I figured they were fully bled.

Right, what im getting at is it looks like the oem in your picture is fully extended and the 3g isnt. Try pulling up on the head of it, they will be the same height im sure.

I see what you're saying, but that's the extent of the 3g lifters height. It compresses normally, but none of them extend further than that, which is the reason for my question. I didn't know if there was supposed to be that kind of difference in height. You know what I mean?

I have used Topline and OEM revised lifters and they are both normally the same height as all the stock lifters I've ever put them up against.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back