The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G License plate bolt pitch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got a pic of the ones your on about? When i did mine i think most where M6x1.0 which is normal thread pitch for an M6.

Mostly on the 2G its like this

Anything M6 will be 1.0
M8 is 1.25
M10 is 1.25 (fine)
M12 is 1.5 (fine)
I think M14 is also 1.5 but its been a while and i never wrote this M14 down

Got a pic of the ones your on about? When i did mine i think most where M6x1.0 which is normal thread pitch for an M6.

Mostly on the 2G its like this

Anything M6 will be 1.0
M8 is 1.25
M10 is 1.25 (fine)
M12 is 1.5 (fine)
I think M14 is also 1.5 but its been a while and i never wrote this M14 down

Thanks for the info. The ones I'm referring to are the ones that actually hold the license plate into the bumper through the grommets, pic attached. So they'd be an M6?

Attachments

• PXL_20210213_200644267.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20210213_200644267.NIGHT.jpg
    681.7 KB · Views: 52
yes M6. Doesn't matter the thread pitch. the grommet is plastic so the bolt (or screw) will cut its own threads in the plastic while you turn it.

They use different bolts from dealership to dealership. You’ll just have to see what fits. It’s plastic so whatever bolt they used is what the thread pitch is.

Looking at the pic and it looks to be m8 or m10 x 1.25 but it’s hard to be sure. Definitely not m6x1

if your bolt won't tighten just get one a little bigger and you'll be good to go.
i looked on ASA but it didn't show anything for the bolts.
. I thought it had a part number for the grommet (MU480007) but when i searched online i couldn't find a picture that matched up so im not sure. If you look at the grommets in the pictures below, my best guess is this one is what we have
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

metric license plate bolts

plastic grommets

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back