The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Lexus Is300

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotboost55

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 14, 2003
EdmontonCanada
Anyone ever have any encounters with these cars.Ive raced 2 of them so far and I took them all in 2nd gear pretty bad ,i dunno those things seem slow but they are rated at 215? But then again one of them was on 20s:rolleyes:

HP isn't everything. Factor in weight differences, driver differences,etc.

NICE cars though :)

They're nice. I'd love to have one. They are Lexus's, after all. The interior's 25657654 times nicer than that of a DSM. Now granted, yes, they are on the slow-side. I think they should have a turbo model. The handling on them is very nice also. My friend used to have one before he got his '89 T Supra. He loved it.

if yoru talking about those sporty RWD ones they are only rated at around 160-170 HP at the wheels they dont have any TQ worth bragging about either it's more of a rich "look what i have" car if anything :thumbdown

they are quick, but i last summer when i was drivin a 87 integra(115hp) I took one from a roll from second to the bottom of fifth where his top end whooped on me...so...they dont have that good of acceleration, dont know what they are like in twisties, and i do like the look of them

beat one, stock gst, easy kill.
*edit*
the a-spec version is crap compared to the j-spec one, now the one in japan is something that would eat me alive.

nice cars. i was told that they have the non turbo supra motor in it. there is one that is boosted over here though and it is quick. other than the performance issue, i think its a nice car.

i own one. it's a perfect car to drive around. pretty good in autoX as well. yes, they have the non turbo supra engine inside (2JZGE) w/ 215hp and 217tq stock . pretty expensive to mod as well.

yea i raced one before.. from a light and from a roll..

it was a nice looking is300 also.. i love the cars.. has nice luxurious amenities yet sporty at the same time.. and i just love how the car looks.. this particular one i raced was yellow.. had cf hood.. rims.. exhaust.. looked very pimp..

anyways.. from a stopped.. i totally ate him up.. several car lengths.. bus lengths.. i waited for him to catch up and this is wen we went at it from a roll.. and even here i walked him hard.. (b16g, 17-18psi, 3" turboback, yada yada yada).. i was so far ahead i was already stopped at the next red light and he finally came up next to me.. he complimented my car and said it was very fast.. and i complimented his because the is300 is just pimp.. even if they are slow.. id still get one.. not to build up to be fast.. but just as an all around car..

LOL try racing the one with supra engine in it.. in my town there is one with supra engine in it n you could hear it from far away hehehe its nice cars tho!

Originally posted by EclipseGSX012
LOL try racing the one with supra engine in it.. in my town there is one with supra engine in it n you could hear it from far away hehehe its nice cars tho!

well the thread was just about a regular is300.. thats a whole different story.. and i wouldnt mind racing one from a stop.. after i put the same amount of money in my DSM..

cant u drop TT supra engine in there, i seen 1 on a magazine.

Their stock 0-60 is 7 seconds (bit under 7 with manual) so beatable with a stock GSX/GST :thumb: Nice luxury cars though, wouldn't mind having one if I was a big baller.

Originally posted by 2gClipse
cant u drop TT supra engine in there, i seen 1 on a magazine.

yes, people have done the 2JZGTE swap. it's not a complete drop in though. forgot what you have to do though. it's listed some where in the is300.net forum.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back