The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

lexan windows [Merged 4-7] polycarbonate

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm just really looking forward to losing the extra weight over OEM because they seem like they are going to cost about the same.

its speed glass, lexan is like plexi, scratches real easy, take a typical neon tube, thats covered in lexan, scuff it:thumb:

Info

"These Flex-a-lite Flexite molded windows are molded to the original factory size and shape, and install just like original glass. They are more durable than Lexan, and minor scratches can be easily reduced or eliminated. All windows feature 2 in. black borders with an FAL logo that bonds to adhesive. Mounting and care instructions are provided. These windows are not approved for street use. "

I talked to the tech guy at summit and he said he can order the rear 3 piece kit for $499.95. 1g only. It replaces the rear small left/right windows and the hatch glass. It's supposed to shave 20-60lb's off. It looks like a better choice than flat lexan and rivits.

Anyone have any experience with this product?

Ive never seen the FAL setup but i have seen Percy's Speedglass.. Its alot more money for the entire setup but it it has a special coating over the lexan to make it nearly scratchproof and it looks like real glass for the stealth look.. It also comes in many different thicknesses depdning on how much weight you wish to save.. You can buy that in Summit also..

i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get fiberglass windows and a piece of fiberglass for the hatch? trying to shave some pounds. also has anyone ever purchased the carbonfiber doors and/or hatch from www.gtfabrications.com? just curious if theyre molds are reliable or if they require some fabrication.:thumb:

are you thinking of plexiglass or fiberglass? cause last time i checked you couldnt see thru fiberglass

carbon fiber doors, hope this isn't a street car, you'd be cut in half in an accident.

Rear hatch itself is not that heavy. Replace the glass with plexi, poly, or lexan, and you'll loose quite a bit of weight.

sorry yea i meant plexiglass. does anyone know where i can find pre cute pieces?

they dont make them for the 95-99ers though. any other places you know of?

I know there was a company that made them, but you can make your own with a heatgun/oven and your old glass.
You will most likely make your own, going to be a DD?

Please choose the correct forum before posting new threads, moved to appearance.

http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/flexite-molded.html

While we're on the subject, how hard is it to get a sheet and cut it yourself? Once it was cut you could clamp it to your existing glass(provided it was removed) and use a heat gun to mold it?
Something I've been thinking about for a while now. I know that project Goodwill has done something similar, but I'm not 100% that he molded his own.

Whatever you buy, make sure it's at least .125" thick if you plan to compete in any NHRA event.

It's also noteworthy that the OE windshield is not much lighter than an aftermarket one. The rear glass is where you save the most weight. The hatch glass is also the toughest to remove.

I'm in the process of making/cutting out my own polycarbonate windows for my 1G right now. I'm only doing the rear three though. Should be pretty easy.

Last edited:
make your own. Its fun and when its all done you can pat yourself on the back with the great job you did, our you can curse up a storm and start all over because you F***ed up.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

still need to decide on a color....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back