The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Lets see your coolant overflow tanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eeeeky

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2008
Roosevelt, Utah
hey guys, i am all but done sexy'ing up my engine bay, and dont want to put the ugly coolant overflow tank back in, id love to get a polished aluminum one, or something really good looking, that wont destroy the look of my cleaned up bay. Can you guys post some pics of what you have done?

Thanks!

Aeryk

You can't use the oil catch can because the cooling system needs to be able to pull coolant back into the system if it needs it.

This is what I have for 1gs.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i used to rock the monster can one but i kept overheatin and thought it was because it wasnt lettin coolant back into the system. found out it was air and a busted fan. now i have this ugly thing

Attachments

• IMAG0121.jpg
    IMAG0121.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 516
You can't use the oil catch can because the cooling system needs to be able to pull coolant back into the system if it needs it.

This is what I have for 1gs.

That looks really good. I want one. :D

I'm working on getting this coolant overflow bottle to work:

Amazon Link

I'm trying to make a mounting bracket out of a strip of weldable steel and angle iron.

I don't want to put it in the stock location because it blocks too much airflow from my "push" fan. I think it will work in front of the battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
The classifieds section, contact him via his ad, ask for his PayPal address, send him $130.00 and bam you got one.

just paint yours black

Don't do it. Mine was yellowed and old looking and it was an eyesore, so I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and painted it flat black. It began cracking and peeling very quickly. There are some areas where the paint still clings to, despite my efforts to remove the shit.

10 years later, looks like it has AIDS.

I'm going to make one out of a drink bottle or something. And I want to move it.

I don't like the OEM one at all, except for the fact that it has a pop top.

Also have one made by 92awdgsx :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A NAWS catch can? This has to be a joke right? I would rather keep oil in my intake then have a plastic noz bottle in my engine bay. I have a short route FMIC and I got a metal band clamp like in the pictures above and put it around my stock coolant overflow and tightened it to a bracket on my radiator and the problem was solved. Only someone who is a ricer would wan't to use a plastic drink bottle as a catch can or coolant overflow, can I get a huge spoiler with that as well on a NT car that hardly sees over 75mph?

was looking for some sort of coolant overflow tank/oil catch can combo and wanted to make one myself when i found this thread. here is my current coolant overflow. good ole 92 proof

If you want a sleek yet stock look you can always try an Evo tank... I have one in my 1g from an Evo 8 and it gives me plenty of room and sure is better looking than the stock one IMO. That monster can one is pretty legit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back