The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

let's get things straight

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifeelubu

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 26, 2008
Utica, New_York
Ok so I purchased what I taught was an evo III 16g turbo from a member here on dsmtuners which to go by the forum rules I wont mention his name you know who you are and your welcome to post your opinion. to make long story short after waiting more than a week to get it which he explained why I get an ebay turbocharge type dsm evo III turbo, mind you this memeber has been around in tdsmtuners for a while. he was selling it for $275 shipped which obviously I thought it looked like a good deal since again I am thinking he is selling me an real evo 3 16g turbo(it's sad that I have to mention the world real or MHI eventhough we all know there is only one evo III 16g turbo) since he didnt post it up that it was and ebay likesome good members on here do. Anyways the point of this thread is to hear who else has gotten screwed by this stupid classification of real/MHI evo III 16g turbo. anyone that knows are cars know's there is only one evo III 16g turbo which is the MHI everything else is ebay evo III turbo. So when you see a post evo III 16g I guess if they dont post if it's a MHI or ebay I assuming is supposed to be a fake one.

I havent been cheated yet, but im sure it will happen sooner or later. You really need to be careful when buying used parts. It took me 3 weeks of talking to a seller and researching when I bought a Evo IX pump. Just take this as a learning experience, maybe you can sell that turbo and get some of your money out of it. Sorry to hear you got cheated.

Wow man total bummer, I wouldnt be able to sleep at night knowing I ripped off another dsmtuner. :c

Amen to that

Sorry to hear that. Saddens me to hear about people who do things like that just to make a few bucks, not to mention that it was a member here...Not cool

well he said he had posted pics but the only thing I remebered of the pics is that it was a side pic which didnt show the housing so once again I got fooled but still most honest members in here would post ebay turbo if it was one and since he has been a member for a while I guess I trusted him

All I am asking for any members out here if you are selling a evo III 16g turbo post it as an ebay evo 3 turbo or turbochargers evo III and if its MHI evo III 16g turbo there is no need to put real/MHI cause we know before the ebay turbos came out or started copying there was only one evo III 16g

ya bro i wouldnt put anything past anyone these days.i got ripped off selling a 386 carbon fiber rear lip to someone on here..4 months after the sale!! and becuase i didnt keep the tracking number FOUR months after it shipped out i gotta pay paypal 175 PLUS paypal fees..i couldn't believe it and still cant and i will not use paypal again after that..best advice is use the escrow services, i bought a built head from another member ya it was a lil more money than what were talking but man it was nice knowing i can inspect it before they get my money

Get pictures next time. Make sure they're current pictures. Heck, even ask the person to write something on a piece of paper and include it next to the item. Some parts I'll buy with generic pictures, but others I need to make sure I'm getting what I buy.

Also, if you paid by PayPal, you can fight it since you didn't get what you thought you paid for. There's always ways to try and fight people who don't send you what you bought. Yes, sometimes things don't work out, but you live and learn.

Leave the user negative feedback and do your best to fight it.

Otherwise, I don't see a need for this thread, so I'm going to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back