The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

LED interior project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabriel_dsm

Proven Member
Mar 27, 2014
bakersfield, California
okayy i have a 95 gs i want to have a red interior i know that the light of the air control thing can be changed and the ring around the key switch to but does anyone know how to do it or can send me the link to a write up i couldnt find one on the search

Yup, "it's just that easy." LED replacement bulbs will absolutely not net you the same results you'll want. I can 100% assure you that you will have both bright and dim spots in your gauges if you use LED bulbs.

Follow what Cracked put in the link. The LED strip throws an incredible amount of lumens for the small space, so it may not be 100% necessary to sand the gauge faces. I hadn't tried it without them sanded, but the intensity of the light might be enough to not need to sand the gauges and re-set the needles. The needle reset is the biggest pain.

Here's an example of a cluster that was done with LED replacement bulbs:
http://www.yotatech.com/attachments...-opinion-post-pix-if-u-have-them-cimg0199.jpg

My results:
http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2493594&postcount=199

While it's a video of my paddle setup, I flip the gauge lights on in the middle of the day and they light up like the 4th of July:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

thats so sick! i agree i already have my gauge cluster with led replacement it does have a bit of dim spots but i like the results im just trying to get the rest of my interior red such as the AC controls and the key switch light but i dont know how! but im really going to look into doing the strip thing it looks sick

Ah, a search will net you what you are looking for. Not that I'm not willing to point you in the right direction, but I know the information is on this site as I've read it, I just can't think of what to look for.

Leds look really good. I'm thinking of trying this. My current gauges are starting to get really dim.

I did mine with red plastic behind the instrument cluster after I wet sanded off the amber color, even with the incandescent bulbs it looks amazing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back