The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G LED headlights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm not sure the driver's side would fit. They would be brighter bulbs. BUT, the light would not be aimed well in a stock reflector housing. I'd still suggest a retrofit with proper projectors. It will take you about 3 hours and you'll be thankful you did it.

Those are cree bulbs and not for our cars. I have found the best combination which is significantly brighter and not blinding. You want HID 55w AC ballasts with 9006 55w 6000k bulbs. This is for low beam. If you want to do the high beams, use a 4000k. I've had these for the past year and I love them. The ballasts are good quality. LED headlights suck in my opinion. Use LED for the side marker bulbs and interior lights.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/AC-55W-HID-Xenon-Conversion-Headlight-Bulb-H1-H3-H4-H7-H9-H13-9005-9006-9004-7-9006-6000k-AC-55W-HID-/291462215806?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE&skus=Bulb Size Hid Kit:9006|Bulb Color Hid Kit:6000k|HID KIT/Bulbs::AC 55W HID Kit(Bulbs Ballasts)&varId=590549707215

Check out GTRLighting. Local MN company and the owner is a stand up dude. They've been having good results with their kits. I'm getting rid of my junk and falling Sh*tHID HID setup for GTRLighting's LED conversions.

They're a much more simple and straight forward to install setup. No ballasts to install/wire on their newer/most recent "version" of LED conversion. Just plugs right in.

They also include different color bulb covers so you can get a little color over the normal bright white.

Hope this helps you out!

I'm sorry but I'll be the one to call the kettle black; retrofitting a set of projectors into non-projector style housings is neither a cheap nor quick affair.

Personally I've never attempted to do such because the aiming jig/setup alone is quite the project. Never mind the cost of projectors and the bulbs [and such].

Getting the projectors, fitting them, aiming them, attaching them to the headlight housing; its all a ridiculous amount of time. The money spent/cost to have it done quite obviously reflects the labor involved.

What I'm trying to say is three hours is quite a ridiculous claim.

I installed 2 pair in my truck last october when i bought, put one set in place of the low beam and one set in fog lamps. I haven't had one problem with them at all, the plugged right in, and only had to mount the little LED module somewhere out of the way. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-New-72...ulb-/181784996840?hash=item2a533aebe8&vxp=mtr That is the style/brand i bought after watching a Youtuber is watch installed them in one of his vehicles.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Good luck

Personally I've never attempted to do such because the aiming jig/setup alone is quite the project. Never mind the cost of projectors and the bulbs [and such].

I think my writeup gave you all the wrong idea. I'm going to redo it soon with updated projectors and show how you don't actually need the jig. Since my car was wrecked, I need to rebuild a new headlight anyways.

Most drop in LED or HID kits are crap. You need projectors to focus that light.
Parts for a Morimoto Mini H1 projector swap are around $300 IIRC, OEM will be more expensive and, imo, perform better. However the Minis are a huge upgrade from stock.

If you don't have access to the car then a jig is an option for aiming, however if you do have the car then simply bolt the lights on to test the aim.

thanks for all the info, I will have to research some more and see what I want to do, btw the headlights are not tinted they are covers that i take off if I am driving at night because my stock headlights are so weak, LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back