The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

led 4x6 headlights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMRon

Supporting Member
Jun 19, 2004
Masontown, Pennsylvania
Hey guys I think I've got the best headlight setup for the 1ga's. I had a company make them for me.Might setup my account up for a group buy if there is lots of interest. If so they would be made to order.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 401
Whats the price tag on em?

Do you have the headlight upside down? Why is the cutoff on the opposite side? (Light should be on the bottom, shielded on top).

Seems like a 4x6 projector housings and Cree LED kit would be a lot cheaper with same results. I got Cree LED kits in the low beam and fog lights in my truck and they are amazing.

They do look pretty clean, but those housings are so cheap and easy to mod compared to a 1gb. A decent DIYer could do something similar with HIDs... for half the price. And is that a 3 prong wall socket being used as the plug? :hmm:

Very cool.

They do look pretty clean, but those housings are so cheap and easy to mod compared to a 1gb. A decent DIYer could do something similar with HIDs... for half the price. And is that a 3 prong wall socket being used as the plug? :hmm:

A good HID projector retrofit will cost more.
My TL projectors, Bosch Ballasts and Osram bulbs cost more then this LED set up. However the performance is unequaled imo.
Yes you could do a set of Mini projectors for half but the performance just isn't there.

Compared to the oem halogens... anything is much better. I would say the simplest mini projector retrofit is comparable or better than these LED results and more budget friendly. Also the above pics don't show much. Just a clear cutoff, and a lot of light on a 10-15ft shed. I hope it is an artifact of the camera/shed/background contrast. Otherwise that's a very narrow light beam. On a highway, I can see a clear cutoff on both the median and the roadside barrier, regardless of what lane I am in. There is a slight hot spot in the direct middle of each beam but its pretty uniform otherwise.

Anthony, your light setup is badass and created from the best available parts/efforts. The mini's have been shown in controlled environments to rival some respectable OEMs in quality (obviously not yours), so I wouldn't say their performance is not there.

Great light setups all around in here. And no mention of the HIDs in reflector housings BS :thumb:

Compared to the oem halogens... anything is much better. I would say the simplest mini projector retrofit is comparable or better than these LED results and more budget friendly. Also the above pics don't show much. Just a clear cutoff, and a lot of light on a 10-15ft shed. I hope it is an artifact of the camera/shed/background contrast. Otherwise that's a very narrow light beam. On a highway, I can see a clear cutoff on both the median and the roadside barrier, regardless of what lane I am in. There is a slight hot spot in the direct middle of each beam but its pretty uniform otherwise.

Anthony, your light setup is badass and created from the best available parts/efforts. The mini's have been shown in controlled environments to rival some respectable OEMs in quality (obviously not yours), so I wouldn't say their performance is not there.

Great light setups all around in here. And no mention of the HIDs in reflector housings BS :thumb:

What I've seen first hand of the Mini projectors is just eh to me, guess I'm spoiled LOL.
I've thought about retrofitting them into my daily driver but can't be bothered to spend the money (rather spend it on my DSM).

LEDs have come a long way in the past couple of years though. Not quite sure if they are ready to be the main lighting on a car yet but they are certainly getting close.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back