The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Lean at WOT E85

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyesuperman

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Minot, North_Dakota
I recently bought a GSX with the following mods:

Turbonetics 50 trim
Speed Density
HKS 272 Cams
Stock Block
Boost set to 20psi
ECMLINK V3
255 walbro
Afpr
Running on E85 with 1050cc injectors

I think that would be everything relevant to this discussion. The wideband is about a foot away from the turbo outlet. I know there is an exhaust leak between the o2 housing and the turbo also. I believe I fixed an exhaust leak between the dp and o2 housing.

The issue I am having is that at idle it reads around 14.3-15.3 afr, cruising it reads about the same, but at WOT it goes extremely lean, around 16-17. I am not picking up any knock at all going this lean. It runs well besides that.

Now would the exhaust leak cause the wideband to read that lean? I haven't actually completed a full wot pull because every time the reading goes that lean I let off immediately.

Here is a random log while driving around town today, it may give an idea of something wrong (I am still a little unfamiliar with ecmlink)

Attachments

• log.2011.02.20-01.elg
    440.4 KB · Views: 68
I didn't see a wideband logged in there. And the front O2 did behave very weird at 423 seconds you were under open loop conditions but it still suddenly cycled. You should fix the exhaust leaks and also wire up your wideband so it is logged in link (unless I'm an idiot and just missed it).

If your front O2 was right then your tune is wacky. But I didn't see anything in the configuration tabs that looked that odd. So I would say fixing the exhaust leaks is your top priority so you can get accurate readings.

Noticed fuel pressure was a little low and it didnt change when I turned the top dial (at least I don't think it did) so to be safe I just swapped out the afpr and set the fuel pressure to 44 via electric gauge and no more lean problem! Thanks for the advice guys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back