The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Leaking coolant

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikeshaun

Probationary Member
May 10, 2011
California, California
Hey guys.Well..my cars leaking coolant right below the timing/alternator belt area.Its not a constant leak when the cars off,but only after the cars been on for a minute or two.Would that be a leaking water pump,or is there a hose or something that could be the cause of it?My cars lowered a bit...and I dont really wanna put it on jack and climb underneath it=[

P.S.-I checked the other coolant leaking threads and they dont

All input is greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!=D

You don't want to put a jack under it? Why lower it? No matter what, you will have to lift it or pay someone else to do it to really see where the leak is coming from.

I bought it lowered.I only have 1 jack which wouldnt get it very high=[
Thanks though,Ill try to see if any of my friends have ramps or somethin so I can get underneath

Check your hoses and clamps, maybe your thermostat housing. Also check the weep hole on the water pump if it has coolant tracking then the pump will need replaced.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back