The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Leaking antifreeze, not sure from where.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sws

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 1, 2012
Mount Vernon, Illinois
On my way to school yesterday, I noticed my temperature gauge go a bit higher than usual and it kept rising so I pulled over and just my luck it was freezing and raining, checked my antifreeze and it was empty, so I called my mom and she brought me some water (I know, a bad idea but I was only like five minutes from home and I had to get it back).

I stopped about 4-5 times on the way home to let it cool down, and then got it into my driveway and parked it. My mom said she noticed before all of the happened yesterday, there was a leak under my car.

Today, I added antifreeze and let it run a bit, it started to heat up like normal and then dropped. I looked under my car and it was dripping pretty quick, but not like pouring out. I took a picture, maybe someone can let me know what to do.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Not sure how unknown the leak is or if there are multiple, I have used a poster board or large piece of cardboard left under the car to help pinpoint. As it drips all fluids you will have sort if a map to track them down. At least help regionalize it for you, might also help if you start degreasing the engine carefully. A clean engine is a lot easier to spot a leak FYI.

The only thing that could leak off the back of the trans would be the heater hoses the route along the right side of the head. Look under the throttle body at the hoses and check for leaks there. Also a coolant pressure tester is one of the best things I have built/used lately so I highly recommend it. It found my leaks in just a few minutes in spots I never would have suspected.

This is the one I built for cheap

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...440201-10-coolant-system-pressure-tester.html

Not the best quality video but it gives you a good idea. All the tools are rentable at your local parts store and aid tremendously in finding leaks.

Robert

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjy5fKUgNwg&list=UUd8JfwGxmRb5P7nMVRzSPng&index=20]Cooling System Check - YouTube[/ame]

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back