The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Leakdown and Compression results.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast97gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 6, 2003
Orland Park, Illinois
Basically I'm posting to see if there's anything I need to worry about any time soon. Cylinder 3 is showing some signs of wear, but I'm assuming most people would just leave it alone and keep an eye on it over time.

Compression ( 1-4 ) : 165, 165, 155, 165

Leakdown ( 1-4 ) : 3%, 3%, 9%, 3%

It appears the rings are slightly showing wear in cylinder 3 which could explain my lower compression as well as higher leakdown. All the air was going inside the crankcase when I was doing the leakdown. It looks like other than that it's holding together pretty well. I'm assuming most people would just leave it alone and drive it and maybe do another test if a loss of power or smoking starts?

Those numbers seem to be fine, unless you want to tear your engine apart to replace the #3cylinder rings, drive it as is and retest in a month to see if theres any changes that you need to take car of

Thoes numbers are fine man. i was looking through some threads the other day and some body came on there and said he ran an 11 with low 130 compression across the board...

hope that helps
david

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back