The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G LC-1 wideband wiring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Cuervo

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2004
Omaha, Nebraska
Hey guys what's up?
I have a question in regards to wiring the Lc1 wideband on a 1g. I have searched but can't find an answer to this.
I'm about to install my old yet brand new Lc1 wideband. I'm just bringing my car back to life after 10 years. I don't have ecmlink just yet.
When wiring the Lc1 to the ECU, the yellow wire is for the narrow band simulator and the brown wire is the wideband signal. Usually this is the one that's used which is teed or wired to pin #4 on the ECU and teed or split to the db gauge wire for the read. The yellow wire is left unused. This setup is used when running in this case, ecnlink. There, in order for the computer to read narrowband signal, ecmlink can configure the Brown wire wideband signal to simulate narrow band for the ECU. At least this is how I understand it.
With this said, I would like to install the wb as is since I'll be installing other gauges before I get ecmlink and run the car with the wideband. Is it possible to connect both brown and yellow wires to the ECU and be able to run the car as is? Then when the time comes, install ecm link and be able tu run it without reconfiguring the Brown wire since the yellow wire is already connected??
So basically run the yellow wire to ECU input #4 to the front o2 sensor and brown wire to another ECU input and teed to the gauge. If this is possible, then what ECU input would I use for the brown wire?
Thanks guys .

If I recall correctly you would typically use the EGR input for the wideband signal.
Are you putting the wideband sensor in the factory O2 locatiion? If not I'd suggest continuing to use the narrowband O2 and not feed the simulated narrowband signal into the ECU. That way you'll have some redundancy for when the wideband sensor dies.

Thanks Steve. Yeah, I'm installing it on the stock location. I just decided to wait till I get Ecmlink. This way it's less complex.

I have another question in regards to grounding the LC1. Can I put the wideband gauge ground with the blue wire and white wire from the LC1 in one single crimp loop and attached it to the metal frame behind the radio? Just to keep things simple.
Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back