The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Launching the Car is frustrating

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
Sooo I went to the track again and couldn't for the life of me keep the car at the line. What is the secret ? I have a fully built auto ..... My turbo is a 6766 and I'm using nitrous to spool the converter. I can't for the life of me keep the car in one place. I've heard some guys spool in second ? My car will build boost but just won't sit still ? I have stock 1g big brakes with a 3g master and brake booster. No vacuum pump . I'm also not using the ignition retard on the arc 2 ... I don't know if that would help me

Are you pulling through the brakes? If so, try adding a vacuum pump or a handbrake?
What is your technique for holding the car at the line the brake
Are you pulling through the brakes? If so, try adding a vacuum pump or a handbrake?
What is your technique for holding the car at the line?
stand on the brake as hard as I can , even ebrake.... I'm going to try the forced four 150 2nd shift spool up

Try neutral, blip gas, at peak vacuum hammer the brake, if it holds better you'll want a Leed vacuum pump, 25".

What's the stall with that turbo and nitrous?

Vacuum pump, or just spray out of the hole until boost comes on. Set your two step at just before you build any kind of boost and spray it until boost comes on after you launch.

Revving up in neutral and slamming on the brakes while you do it also helps a ton. As does more aggressive pads. All helped me a ton.

Also don’t sleep on the timing retard function of the two step either. Helped setup a friends 1g with that on a 6266 and held it back great.

Sooo I went to the track again and couldn't for the life of me keep the car at the line. What is the secret ? I have a fully built auto ..... My turbo is a 6766 and I'm using nitrous to spool the converter. I can't for the life of me keep the car in one place. I've heard some guys spool in second ? My car will build boost but just won't sit still ? I have stock 1g big brakes with a 3g master and brake booster. No vacuum pump . I'm also not using the ignition retard on the arc 2 ... I don't know if that would help me
I literally just went through this issue. I ordered a vac pump from amazon for 80 bucks. I have a tutorial on how to install it on here. The vac pump allows me to build 10psi without moving. Before I could only build about 3psi before the brakes couldn't hold and i have brembos.

The only way to solve the brake thing is a vac pump or maybe a line lock but vac pump is definitely the way to go.

Yes, I added a vw vacuum pump to my setup on a switch. It's amazing what a difference it makes, crazy really. That and I got crappier brakes that work better cold
Nice! Do you have a diagram how you wired the vacuum pump?

Friend of mine who runs built autos on his 2 DSMs had the same issue with medium/big turbos and high stalls off the line; his cars would creep and ruin the staging. Ended up putting EBC yellowstuff pads at the front and upgrading to Outlander brackets. Those two mods made his cars entirely immovable at the starting line.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back