The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

ECUflash launch control not engaging

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon913

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 21, 2008
olathe, Kansas
so i flashed launch control onto my car now im trying to get it to engage and it wont:confused:..does my neutral safety switch havt ot be functioning for it to activate?? i dont push the clutch in to start my car so i suppose that means its bypassed so what do i have to do to get launch control/2 step to work???

There are two switches on the clutch pedal. One that engages when you push the clutch all the way to the floor (for the starter), and one that disengages when you barley push the clutch in. The second is where the problem might be. IIRC you need to run a wire from that switch to the ECU (can’t remember what pin off the top of my head) to get Launch control to work. I had to run a wire on my 95 talon but I don’t know for sure if the 98/99 cars already have it.

hmm i only see one plug under there were would the other one be at??

I think there was a picture of the clutch switch you are looking for in either the "First flashed DSM ECU" or the "EVO8 ECU in 2G works" thread. I'll have to look. But it is a smaller switch about half the size of the big white one used for the starter and it up near the fuse box. It has either a black wire and a black/red wire going to it or a black wire and a black/green wire.

i found the plug i guess it sits on the side of the pedal when looking it up it popped up as clutch starter safety switch.the swich it self has a solid blue and solid black wire coming off of it the plug that goes back to the car has the colors you mentioned.i suppose its this one??cause its functioning backwards when pushed in the car wont start and when not pushed in the car fires right up

See when I set mine up I had it disconnected and connected and worked both times. At first it didn't work because when you download the software you have caddy mods at the top. You need to active ceddy mods by hitting the link and engaging launch control or anti lag by changing it to 1. Reflash your ecu and you will be good to go... Lol I thought something was wrong with my ecu the first week because nothing was working when none of it was engaged.....

I have the same problem. I flashed my ecu and know it worked because my factory boost gauge swings. My stationary rev limiter doesn't work. My CEL also stays on 100% of the time whether cel on knock sum is engaged or not. What is the solution to this?

I have my launch control and my clutch switch is totally disconnected. Your using ecuflash correct? are you using your stock rom or ceddy mod rom?
How do you have it set up? Im actually about to start using launch control but my clutch switch is disconnected as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back