The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Laser badge change??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ae92TRD

Probationary Member
Nov 6, 2003
WashingtonUS
Do you guys think it would be stupid to remove all the badges off a 1g Laser Turbo and replace them with mitubishi eclipse GS-T emblems? I'm just not a huge fan of plymouth's and i hate the name
"laser", sounds all 80's. Anyways, whats your opinion?
Thanks,
James

Personally, i think its a bad idea. There's nothing wrong with driving a Laser, and any person slightly into cars can tell the difference between a Laser and an Eclipse.

Originally posted by ae92TRD
Do you guys think it would be stupid to remove all the badges off a 1g Laser Turbo and replace them with mitubishi eclipse GS-T emblems?

Anyways, whats your opinion?
It'd be like shooting a white rhino, and shame on you for even thinking of it.

BE PROUD IN YOUR OBSCURITY!

:thumb:

Do you guys think it would be stupid to remove all the badges off a 1g Laser Turbo and replace them with mitubishi eclipse GS-T emblems? I'm just not a huge fan of plymouth's and i hate the name
"laser", sounds all 80's. Anyways, whats your opinion?
Thanks,
James

Sell me your car instead. Don't ruin a Laser by making it something its not...especially if its AWD. Lasers are the ultimate sleeper. Vettes and the like never see it coming from a Plymouth.

i completly debadged my car, and put a talon front bumper on it due to a wreck i got in(i got the bumper dirt cheep) i am shaving the talon badge off the front and my whole car will be totaly debadged. but i would never change my car for the world. i still tell people its a laser just to see their reaction, or if i really wana mess with them i tell them its a DSM. dont go making your car something its not. i see way fewer lasers than anything else. i thinkn they are a little more rare.

I tell people i drive a laser and they are all "ohh ok cool" then when they see it there like, "HEY! That looks like a Talon and Eclipse!" i'm like yaa... I'm gonna take all my Turbo and 16v twin came stickers off and take the RS off the back, make it look like a 1.8 or something :D:shhh:

Originally posted by Andy5
I tell people i drive a laser and they are all "ohh ok cool" then when they see it there like, "HEY! That looks like a Talon and Eclipse!" i'm like yaa... I'm gonna take all my Turbo and 16v twin came stickers off and take the RS off the back, make it look like a 1.8 or something :D:shhh:

That's more like it :thumb:

Originally posted by LandoAWD
Sell me your car instead. Don't ruin a Laser by making it something its not...especially if its AWD. Lasers are the ultimate sleeper. Vettes and the like never see it coming from a Plymouth.

i agree 100% man,.. never be ashamed of the laser,.. it is the ultimate sleeper. i like to think of it as a mopar/dsm powerhouse,.. the best of both worlds. plus people see it and they dont know what to think:D

ehhh I tend to get made fun of quite often because I drive a "plymouth" and nobody evern knows what a laser is when I tell them. Then if I do say talon or eclipse one of my friends will be a dick and chime in....dude you have a laser! 3 other friends have 1gs/non talons and nobody says anything to them haha I don't exactly have much to back up though, I can only pull high 14's.

I love having a Laser. The only bad part is having to explain what it is.

"What do you drive"
"A laser"
"A what??"
"Its the same as a Talon, or Eclipse"
"Oh Eclipses are cool man"

And so on. Its always the same. Be proud of it, not ashamed :)

Yeah, well I don't really care if i get made fun of, it's just that I don't like the name "plymouth laser", only because i don't, doesn't matter if other people don't like it. If anything I'll remove all the emblems and badges. Oh and another question, when i asked about it the guy gave me shitty info, well i called again today and turns out its not a 91, its a 93. The guy said it was a turbo...turns out its not. It has 154,000 miles, 5-speed. Worth $1700? I'm not too happy about it not being turbo...

Don't buy what you dont want. You already dont like the name, and its not a turbo model. 1700 is too much anyways. Hold out until you find what you are looking for.

hehehe I paid $600 for my laser 90 5spd 130k FWD Turbo :p w/ TurboXS, BOV, k&n 550cc jectors and a bad pressure plate with a hole in the flex pipe hehe. I think thats to much for a n/t

You'll enjoy a Turbo more than a N/T trust me its a way bigger difference. Who cares if it says laser, HeHe, 5.0 owners tell me its a cheap non-turbo model of the eclipse gsx LOL I say "ya your right" Then i go on telling them i'm an all motor 2.0 :D when its really not :thumb: I think i'll never get rid of the SMIC its such a sleeper with it LOL.

Originally posted by Andy5
I think i'll never get rid of the SMIC its such a sleeper with it LOL.
You'd be suprised how many people ask me about the 'shiny radiator' behind my bumper. ;) It will still be a sleeper to most no matter how much you stick under the hood or peeking out of the bumpers (i.e. exhaust ,FMIC).

get an eclipse if you want an eclipse.

When people ask what I drive, I just say I drive an eclipse. I get tired of going through the whole "Whats a laser?!" thing.

Alright, thanks guys, I ditched the idea of the NT laser.
Today i found a 90 Laser Turbo, 5-speed, AC, Cruise, Tilt, $1695
I'm not big on hondas, but i also found a white 90 civic hatch with white OZ wheels, 4-speed, 136,000 miles (very low for a honda),judging by the picture looks like it has more mods also, and its only $995. So i dunno, I'm sorta stumped, they're both at the same dealership, so I'm gonna check them out tomorrow. Tell me what you think guys?
Thanks Again

My car is completely debadged, except for a big-ass Chrysler sign that's part of the center piece on the back and front. They never see it coming. :D

Those "Turbo Intercooler" stickers looked kinda ricey anyway.

You could remove the "Laser" emblem, but definitely keep the Plymouth. I feel a little sorry for removing the Plymouth part.

Ever heard of Plymouth Barracuda? :D

Defintly DSM>Honda. Why buy a 900-1000 dollar economy car, when u can get a turbo car for 1600? You'll be much faster stock, and buying a turbo for a honda is like buying a whole 2nd car...to much $$.

Alright, thanks guys, I ditched the idea of the NT laser.
Today i found a 90 Laser Turbo, 5-speed, AC, Cruise, Tilt, $1695
I'm not big on hondas, but i also found a white 90 civic hatch with white OZ wheels, 4-speed, 136,000 miles (very low for a honda),judging by the picture looks like it has more mods also, and its only $995. So i dunno, I'm sorta stumped, they're both at the same dealership, so I'm gonna check them out tomorrow. Tell me what you think guys?
Thanks Again

Make sure the turbo and something else is not shot. If turbo is shot, you can always get a 16g turbo for $500 or so + few replacements, like gaskets. How many miles on the Laser? $1650 sounds like a nice price.

The guy said the car was in the shop getting detailed so he couldn't check the mileage, It'll be out Monday. I'm still going tomorrow to check out the Honda(just for the hell of it) and look around at a few more lots to see what's around. Theres 5 or 6 DSM's for sale here, but the laser is the only turbo i've found this week.

I'm also wondering about the performance of this laser turbo in stock form, are they quick or do they need the usual mods to feel like more than a regular daily driver? Also what's a good mod to start with? Oh and how high is "high mileage" for these?
Thanks!

Whats wrong with a laser? I think they are by far the coolest looking 1gs... I love everything about the 92+ Laser AWD, the spoiler is cool, and the head and tail lights kick ass. I plan on geting a 92+ laser AWD as a project car. Seriously, if I didnt get the 2g GSX I'd be rolling in a laser AWD, and you're damn sure I would sport the badges with pride. If anything I'd try to make them more noticable.

I doubt the local ricers in anyone's area know much about DSMs, so everytime you spank them with your laser, it looks to them like they got whupped by an all american turbocharged 4 banger. I always loved that about the Talons and Lasers. The american badges allow you screw with people :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back