The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Laptop HUD+stereo help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88BB8B

Proven Member
Oct 14, 2016
Coldstream, BC_Canada
Hey there. So I've found the smallest/cheapest/Still powerful enough folding touchscreen laptop I could find. It's like 11" and I want to use it for a bunch of gauges. With my AEM infinity 506 I can display like $1000 worth of guages with a $200 laptop.

The thing is, since it's so big I want to sort of tear out the double din section of the console and make a frame for this laptop to sit in there. There obviously won't be room for a radio anymore, so I figure I can just use the computer for music, but I'm not sure how I would go about wiring an audio output from the laptop to the car without a stereo.

And Ideas? I think would be preferential to use the aux output from the laptop but I'm not sure how I could go about wiring that into the cars speakers without a stereo. Any help would be much appreciated.

Okay. I saw those adapters online, but wouldn't that only go to my sub? Is there a way I can make it play through the car speakers aswell? Or would I just have to hide a small single din back there or something?

Okay. I saw those adapters online, but wouldn't that only go to my sub? Is there a way I can make it play through the car speakers aswell? Or would I just have to hide a small single din back there or something?
You would have to add another amp, but would only have the option of a 2 channel that plays in stereo.. so in other words only left/right not left/right-back/front. Why not just add a double din screen that has a video input and use this... https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/new-product-launch-pilink-for-ecmlink-owners.527993/

If your laptop has bluetooth you can use this for a 4 ch audio (or aux input if you prefer). It most likely won't be loud enough, you can always add a 4 channel amp on top. But with this you have 4 ch audio, bluetooth, aux input, usb, and amp outputs. Plus a nice little controller you can put anywhere. But this solves your radio issue.
amazon.com/gp/product/B00IBI518Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is no bass or treble settings on this. All audio tuning will have to be done on the laptop or if you add an amplifier.

Last edited:
I sell a 6.8" 1920x1080p display with a touchscreen interface. If you're stuck on using the laptop you could connect it to this display and I have a double-din snap-in case for the 2g OEM dash panel. https://www.jfracing.net/p/68inchdisplay. Would be a bit more elegant allowing you to store the laptop elsewhere with the lid closed.

You could also circumvent the laptop entirely by using a Powertune Digital dash and connect it via CANBUS to your AEM ECU. I haven't used one but have heard good things, and the dashboard layouts are awesome.

Another option... In a car I was upholstering, we made a frame to install the laptop {tablet} in the double din and moved the radio to the glove box... all you are using the radio for is the aux input ... With this set up you have every thing right there ... No need to lose the radio and the laptop will work just fine..

check this out, you can just connect to the amp with bluetooth.

this link has some other models of bluetooth amps you could look into.

here is some other shit about this shit.

Wow guys, thanks for all of the great ideas. I might go with the stereo in the glove box. I'm very tempted by your display TSiAWD666, but I'm tight on cash for the moment and I think I'd prefer a larger display.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back