The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Lancer Evolution?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1slowgsx

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 3, 2003
IllinoisUS
It might just be me but why are they calling the EVO VIII the Lancer Evolution? I hear everyone saying that the Evo is just an upgraded version of the Lancer. How can this be true? The EVO had been around in Japan since like the early 90's. The Lancer has been around since like 00 or 01? So how can the EVO be designed after a car that wasn't even around yet? I know they look the same, but thats it. They are two totally different cars. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Maybe it's just me.

i have heard it called a lancer since back in the day

the lancer has been around for quite a while. The lancer Evolution has been around since shortly after the end of the GVR-4. The U.S. version of the EVO is sort of an EVO 7.5 as it doesn't have the AYC and stuff. It's an "EVO VIII" but they will call it the Lancer Evolution because they haven't offered 7 other versions of the car in the US.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back