The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Lancer Evolution III Intake Manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where are you guys seeing these for sale the most? I've been all over ebay lately but I've never seen any on there. Is therea common place to find them I'm missing?

i sold mine on ebay not too long ago - just set it up so that ebay notifies you every time one gets auctioned and i'm sure you'll come across one in no time

Where are you guys seeing these for sale the most? I've been all over ebay lately but I've never seen any on there. Is therea common place to find them I'm missing?

Here, i bought mine off a guy in Asia. The ad was here in the classifieds section. keep an eye there, it comes up every once in a while

I got mine today! What kind of a gasket are most of you guys using for the manifold to 2g head? Also anything else to look out for upon installation?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The runners are the same diameter and shape so you can just use the standard 2G gasket.

I didn't read all the pages so my question could have been answered already..Are you going to switch out to a 1g TB after install..The evo3 opening it set up for a 60 mm tb,so why not go with the 1g 60mm tb to really match everything up correctly?

Also I might know where to get a cyclone Im, PM me if your interested..

I will be getting my 1g 60 mm throttle body rebuild and then reinstalling it. I also have a huge list of parts/tuning/fab work to do. What do I attach to the thin vacuum tube on top of manifold? Also when I swap to ecmlink v3 will I still need to switch plug order to compensate for cas? thanks for the great info and crazy amount of time you all have put into this manifold.

I just sandblasted my manifold. I am going to powder coat before installation for sure. Has anyone on here powder coated there manifold?

I have a silver/black/gold theme going on. Would I be too much for a gold manifold in your guys' opinions? It will be more of a bronze aeromotive fuel pressure color, just something different.

Do what makes you happy as far as color but one of the reasons why I really love this manifold is that it is completely stealth and so just a good media blasting job will make it look nice but not draw any attention.

Ok I just got the pictures uploaded after the sandblasting and cleaning up the casting a bit.

Also I was digging in some boxes trying to get stuff to sell to fund my build, Is this an RVR manifold? The ports match mine, the shape is identical but the throttle body hole is smaller as described in this post earlier. If so im selling it asap!!

The only difference on evo 3 vs rvr is the 52 mm throttle body opening right? I could just port it to 60 mm myself and make it a evo 3 right?

thats great! Thanks for the fast responses and information. I have no idea how this manifold got in my collection but I'm running with it.

I think I figured something worthwhile out. I was able to use the stock bracket and mount it to the top-left mounting hole on the manifold (where the harness use to attach to, basically). I then just took a rubber mallet and flattened the assembly so it didn't angle up so much. Then I took a piece of thick mounting strap (the kind with multiple holes running the length of the strap), hogged out one hole, mounted that to the inner/lower-right mounting hole on the manifold, and strapped it to the top-right corner of the 2G bracket with a nut/bolt. Lastly, I put the transistor on the bottom-left hole in the 2G bracket, again with a nut/bolt through the transistor. Simple, solid, and it shouldn't go anywhere (hopefully ) It's not the prettiest but it works in a pinch.

Todd

I told you it wasn't pretty :)

Please disregard the end of the right bracket, I just haven't cut it down to size yet.

Todd

Hey guys quick question. I just ordered an evo 3 IM off a member here that had it for sale in the classifieds and im in the middle of a motor build now when it comes to breaking in the motor since the evo 3 eliminates the mdp sensor and egr will it affect any way to breaking my motor in? I just dont wanna start the car and it run like shit because of those 2 things not being there i dont have dsmlink to tune i will be using ceddy mods to tune it since its a 99

So I got mine installed along with my fp manifold and the 264 cams.. All I can say is wow!! I'm only running 10 psi on my 14b and it just pulls with no problems stangely I'm not having any issues with boost creep either but man it's quite nice. My hood is vented and the intake manifold is barely warm to touch you can hold your hand on it and be completely fine. Can't wait to test out 15 and 17 psi.

:D Look who joined the club. :hellyeah:

I received this manifold about an hour ago after winning it from an eBay seller located in the United Kingdom back on October 19th. If I were to show you how bad the seller packed this you would LOL and :cry: but here is what I received:

Aside from the expected dirt from the looks of it it appears there aren't any cracks and is fully functional. :thumb:

Now here's where it gets interesting, in the ad on eBay the seller clearly states this is an EVO III intake manifold, the seller actually has the entire car and is parting it out on eBay as well. As you can see from my last 2 pics there isn't a nipple coming out of the side of the opposite end of the throttle body port. From what I've read in this thread the consensus is that would make this a RVR instead of an EVO III. Well check this out:

As you can see the throttle body port is 60mm instead of 52mm which would make this an EVO III. :hmm::confused: I've read this entire very informative thread while this thing was being shipped and unless I missed it there hasn't been a case with a manifold having the 60mm throttle body port and not having that nipple on the side, it's either 52mm and no side nipple or 60mm and a side nipple.

I'm 99.9% sure this is an EVO III manifold by the 60mm TB port size plus from seeing pics from the seller of the actual EVO III it came off of. It appears this is another version of it.

So I ask the wisemen of DSMTuners what do you think?​

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a evo 3. It is evo 1. They are the same evo 1 does not have the Egr

Everything for evo 1-3 is sold and posted as evo 3 since that is what 90% of people in the US think of for a early evo.

Thank you sir. I re-read this entire thread and confirmed what you said. This being a EVO I instead of an EVO III actually works out better as I was already running without a functional EGR setup as it had been deleted from my ECU, plus I already had a MDP sensor adapter for this swap since I'm currently running speed density. I've begun removing the engine to get some work done on it plus to have the engine bay painted so unfortunately I won't be able to enjoy this manifold until spring next year. In the meantime I'll have it cleaned up and powdercoated.

Thanks again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back