The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Lambo vertical Doors [Merged 8-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricTaxin

Probationary Member
Aug 21, 2002
MaplewoodMn
I am in the process of prototyping bolt-on Lamborghini style scissor door hinges for 2g dsms and maybe other applications.I'm thinking of maybe marketing these.If I did would there be an interest in them? God, no! Die, die, die, foul Lamborghini poseur feggo doors!

i've seen those before on a 2g eclipse at a HIN, i think a year ago. Guy won only 2nd place in the show category. Anyway, how much would you be selling the kit for?

thanks.

JD

Im down! Is it going to be like drill it, tighten it,done kind of kit or will it require welding, cutting ect...? Just about either way I would like to get um.

Yeah depending on the price and how hard there to put on, I would get some.

It would look great on a spyder! That I would like to see.

i've seen these kits available.......about $600 i believe for the hinges. if you can beat that price signifigantly i'd definetly be interested.

I'm trying to make them completly bolt-on but strength and durability are a problem.over time I will overcome this and they will probably go for $4-500.any info on other makers would be appreciated

hey theyre called gullwing doors and yea it would be sick, do it up dude.

arent gullwings those with the 2 hinges on top, like that ole skool benz?
the lambo doors open differently.
i saw in the Sept. 2002 issue of Super Street
http://decah.net make them
I checked the website. they said it bolts on in a lil over an hour but they only make it for the civic(MSRP $1,599), but coming soon with an application for the eclipse

you make these and they work good, i'll take em for $400....any idea when they may be ready?

Gullwing doors are what is on deloreans and mercedes lambo doors are called scissor doors

Originally posted by greyforestgst
i would def. get some butterfly / scissor hinges for my 2g (not gullwing.)
our doors are probably the longest of any sport coupe, and up opening would be a lot easier in parking lots.

I'm with you on that! I'll pay $4-500 for them!

man, ever since i went to my first car show i wanted them on my eclipse.....yeah put me on your list...however there are problems with the kit....i just went to another import showdown and took pictures of it....i'll post them up soon...maybe you can clarify what went wrong/find a way to make your kit to avoid those errors. later..

I would pay about 500 for this kinda of kit, but you better hurry up because im workin on a kit for them myself pretty actively at work! I think 2g's with the Lambo Scissors are one of the tightest lookin things around! Pair that baby with a body kit! Ughh! Mad Uber!

Bring it dont sing it. I want to see a set on the market.

still developing those photos i was saying earlier...

but it looks like you've got some customers....keep a list of us on you buddy list or something k?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back