The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Lambo vertical Doors [Merged 8-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alright.. i've been thinking about possibly asking for lambo doors for a christmas present from my parents. what are your thoughts on them. and which are better. the bolt ons or the weld ons?

Lambos don't even use lambo doors anymore, I'll let you interpret that however you want ;)

I'm not the biggest fan of lambo doors but I have thought of adding them on, the way I pictured them they actually looked decent. If anything I would prefer the bolt ons because that way if you try it out and don't like the results, you can easily take it off.

our frame isn't built to handle that. you end up messing it up where you bolt it on and eventually the door will fall off. . no need to look "cool"

They are a PITA to install. The door isn't very stable at all when opened up, so they become kites in the wind. They require constant adjustment to make sure the door closes and latches properly. The "neat" factor wears off after the first month, and they quickly become a nuisance after that.

If you to decide to get them, go with the bolt-on ones. That way it's much easier to go back to the factory hinges when you decide you're tired of the lambo hinges.

And the ricer part is that 99% of these Lambo doors people do are so crappy they have to open the door outward first, and then up. Not very Lambo at all, as the real Lambos would just open straight up. Any Lambo that doesn't have them now is because the car is narrow enough to use normal doors. They were only used because of how wide the cars were.

I've had lambos on my eclipse for about 5 years now (VDI Ver2 kit) They were essentially free at the time so how could i turn them down. I did the install myself and was pretty straightforward but did take alot of adjusting. Since the initial install I've never had to adjust them since.

One thing that most people dont know is that the fenders have to be modified to fit the hinges.

And like said earlier the door has to be opened normally about 6" before you raise it up as it wont clear your apillar. They also use this as a selling point though as the kit i have allows you to open it quite a bit normally and use it as a normal door. (goes to about the first stop on stock doors)

My biggest complaint like previously said is that they are rather flimsy when they are up and do sway quite a bit but again its more in the design and doubt it would actually ever break.

My other complain is that people that really dont know how to close them. Because of the design since it is no longer locked into one plane of moving you have to make sure to close them without bouncing them or it will miss the striker.(since the door can now move up instead of just swinging.

I do actually have quite a bit of use on my doors now owning them for 5 years and did use it for 2months delivering food/liquor on a daily basis.

The shocks have held up wonderfully and am still on the orignals.

IMO if there cheap enough and your aware of the install of cost and you like the look and suits the car go for it.

Some guy that lives my apartment complex has them on his SUV. I tend to laugh at him when I see him getting in and out. I wouldn't recommend em.

I had lambo doors for a time, but they quickly became a pain. If you dont buy an expensive kit (VDI) ect. they dont hold up to well. I bought a cheaper kit and had them on my car for maybe 3 months. The first month they were cool, got alot of attention. It was a pain in the ass whenever someone rode in my car though. i had to open and close their doors because they would let the door just drop all the way down and it threw the hinges off and they no longer matched up with the striker. After three months of use, the drivers door hinge had worked the bolt loose that held the hinge together and i had to "dukes of hazzard" it to get in the car. but you get what you pay for.

Here is my expierence, i will never again buy lambo doors. I'm so glad i traded those for a carbon hood.

That would be even more of a pain. The latches would have to be relocated to the front. The rear part of the door frame...who knows how strong that even is...if it could support a door hanging on it.

Hahahah you beat me to the pic! LOL.

Same!

Don't get them, you'll definitely regret it shortly after. At first you might think its cool, but after a while you'll likely end up only opening the door the six or so inches it swings out and squeeze out that way just so you don't have to embarass yourself by raising them up. The only time you should get these is if you have a show car in better than new condition, which I doubt you have since you're obviously a kid with little money since you want to ask your parents for them for christmas.

I'd also bet that by Christmas you won't even want them anymore. That has happened to me in which I go through fazes of wanting to do an appearance mod, but shortly after realize how stupid it would have been if I did it. For example, I wanted to paint the interior pieces, never did, and happy I didn't. Also considered HIDs and a racing stripe, neither of which I did thankfully.

Lamborghini went back to the lambo door on the Reventon. Does that mean they're cool again?ROFL But seriously, just leave your doors as is. Suicide doors are a huge hassle.

Attachments

• lamborghini_reventon_photo.jpg
    lamborghini_reventon_photo.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 389
spend that money on something useful, eventually the little bit of brian oconnor in you will fade away, and you will regret getting them. get a FMIC, or SAFC2, or something that will make your car beat the stupid hondas with lambo doors :)

Truth be told when I first got my eclipse many years ago I bought the bolt-on kit and took them off that same week. They are now just taking up space and dust don't do it.

Truth be told when I first got my eclipse many years ago I bought the bolt-on kit and took them off that same week. They are now just taking up space and dust don't do it.

sell them on ebay for the next 17 year old ricer do be disappointed with. and make most of your money back:sneaky:

LOL alright. I'll just keep mine haha. and i already have a body kit, i just thought they always looked sweet so i figured i'd get some reviews on them to make up my mind

I always thought they were tacky and never liked them, I knew a guy years ago I went to school with who had them on his Crapstang, I gave him shit for them everytime I saw him

My buddy had "lambo" doors on his 3G. On prom night he went to open the driver door, it went up, then straight down off the hinge onto the ground. He then had a big dent on the bottom of the door and then when he had the stock hinge it wouldn't even close right.haha I used to want them myself, but then I realized they are lambo doors not Mitsubishi doors.LOL

What do you think about use LAMBO DOORS today???

Looks good but I don't know if already nobody uses them to have happened in fashion

Attachments

• Lambo%20Doors%20022.jpg
    Lambo%20Doors%20022.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 156
Your car your choice people are always going to say shit but its about what you want.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back