The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Lambo vertical Doors [Merged 8-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VicBoost said:
hey well i heard lambo doors look great but i heard there not good everyday kinda driving... well i do drive my car everyday too put they look awesome especially on the 2 g talons/ eclipses. So yea i was thinking of getting them this spring but i heard they are hard too open and all this bull. So i didn't believe them so i went too good old dsmtuners.com were turn dsmers go so yea if you got lambo's on your 2g dsm let me know are they good? I know they look good but i ain't getting something that will be hasstle too open everytime i open my door.... they look simple too open. :talon: :dsm:

Can we work on the grammer and simple English skills? Seriously this sounds like a 12 year old on a sugar high. No offense man, but that was rough reading.

Scrubulum - :thumb:

I say no to the doors. Why do all the hottest trends in sport compact cars have to do with wings? It's either a giant, aluminum park bench out back or a pair of flappers on the sides. I take pride in my Eagle being completely grounded without wings.

Waste of time and money. Looks generic and feeble. :notgood:

"Turbo98Eclipse" has lambo doors on his car. I met him a few weeks ago, they look good and open fine. He bought them from Ebay. PM him, he can give you more info.

You will get the usual lambo doors are ugly (and other) feedback since this is mainly a DSM performance website. I say if you have all your performance mods done, have a body kit and rims, get the doors.

I'll admit I liked them when they first came out with them a few years ago :sosad: ,but everybody has them on every kind of car now. I wouldnt do it.

so i guess nobody agrees with lambo doors... but i can get the kit for $400....and its pretty easy too install

Does anyone have any more picture of lambo doors on a 1st gen? I saw two photos thats it!! ((I know the second gen has kits for lambo doors!))

ive actually been wanting to talk to someone like you for a couple of weeks now, and since i have the chance now, ill take advantage of it.

1. why on earth would you want to pay money to have your doors lift up instead of out? does it make you feel special?

2. do you really get that much gratification from a visual mod that no one can actually see unless your car (something that was designed to transport you) is stopped and you are getting in, or out? i mean how often does someone come up to you and say, nice car. and if they do, how often is that followed by, is it fast?

3. where do you get all this money if you bought a dsm in the first place?

I am looking for a dead-on driver side picture of a 2g Talon or Eclipse with lambo doors. I want the pic to just have the driver side lambo door open all the way. Oh and if the car can be factory dark green or a white that would be sweet. Thanx :thumb: :talon:

guitarhero14 said:
im a curious why.

because i am looking at doing that to my car so i would like to see how it looks from a dead on side angle not all those other wacky angles

my pics arent good enough for you huh??:mad: LOL here ya go...ebay!!

Attachments

• fnf lam.jpg
    fnf lam.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 239
  • door2.jpg
    door2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 216
the one on the left does not open nearly wide enough, and the one on the right looks like the hinge is so big to open enough it would cause clearance problems when closed.
But the one on the right is definately the only one you could actually get in and out of the car normally with.

Looks likethe one on the right uses the LOWER door hinge position and the one that barely opens uses the top.

I'd take some pics but my car is in storage... it depends on what kit you get, as far as the height of the door...

This thought keeps going through my mind...and i know theres some people who think it doesnt look good or its been over done...but i think it looks hot on a talon, but where is a good place to buy this kit? On ebay im still kind of debating on the whole online thing and on a website it looks more safe but its like 2-3 times more
just any suggestions?

I was into lambo doors when they first came out, for $299 and such. Now all these retards ask $999 for these "KITS" , that are springs and hinges. I think someone would have to be a moron to pay that much. But they do look good, sometimes. Good luck finding some good cheap ones, I looked already. :notgood:

At least try to find some that won't "OPen your doors to the AMAZING 45 degree vertical" position. If they don't go 90, it ain't worth doing. Just makes it harder to get in and out of the car.

yes i have noticed alot of those 45 degree kits, the 90 looks a little weird...but it seems less painful to get out...so those 90 kits off ebay work well?

Ok I need opions. I'm thinking about putting lambo style doors on my 90 Turbo. And i'm thinking about shaving the door handles. Does anybody know where I might find and shaved door handle kit for my car.? :D :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back