The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Lady loses everything thanks to a horrible sherriff

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunernewb92

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 10, 2008
North Canton, Ohio
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Ms Barton lost everything because of a sheriff and this video breaks my heart. So im trying to spread the message. I have a direct number to her or to a contact for her if anybody would like to help. I may send toys, another person I know is trying to get her a home set up, so toys and gift cards are good ideas.

Remember its almost thanksgiving and christmas guys and girls.
Please don''t delete this or trash on this lady.
Thanks,
Brian

That's awful, I can feel for them. But honestly 12 people in a mobile trailer? Those people need some financial help bad.

which is why I'm posting this. Some people have to live that way to get by...its sad, but atleast they have a roof over their heads and she had a little bit of land.

Call up those people that give you a free house with tragic situations. I forget what its called.

WTF "...we're gonna try and scoot it over." With farm tractors?:nono: What did they think would happen?

19TSI95AWD, are you talking about Extreme Makeover: Home Edition?

Pretty messed up I'll agree. I think it's pretty unreasonable that they have to also clean it up in 10 days. It's obvious they have no means to do so. I'd hope the local community could come together to at least to help them clean it all up.

Bartels? That name sounds familiar.

*edit*
The sheriff is a dick. He was elected? Well I suggest him to get unelected.

Bartels? That name sounds familiar.

*edit*
The sheriff is a dick. He was elected? Well I suggest him to get unelected.

Or kicked in the balls. That sucks. Stupid people.

WTF "...we're gonna try and scoot it over." With farm tractors?:nono: What did they think would happen?

19TSI95AWD, are you talking about Extreme Makeover: Home Edition?

Lol, yupp that would be it. Hope you have a Lowe's within 100 miles of that town though or its a no no. A family a half hour from me got denied because of that.

That cop was a dick. I think she might have a case in court. Negligence from the cop, oh and harassment for the clean up mess.
Someone should write Oprah!

Ms Barton lost everything because of a sheriff
Ah.... waitaminute. Who was towing the mobile home? Who left it partially blocking what is obviously a busy highway? For how long?
and this video breaks my heart.
Congratulations. That's just what CNN meant for it to do. They could just as easily made it "Negligent Mover Forces Local Authorities to Destroy Mobile Home for the Safety of Others".

A local sheriff whose small, rural, financially-strapped county was left to try and clear a mobile home that had been left as a danger to others on a local highway was left no recourse but to destroy the blockage after several attempts to remove it intact proved unsuccessful.
Left partially blocking the busy roadway, and without proper traffic safety devices in the area to warn motorists, the owner claimed to have insufficient resources to have the large mobile home recovered. It fell to the local authorities to deal with, and after several attempts were made to recover the hazard, a final try proved to be too damaging for the antiquated, cheaply-built structure. It collapsed when it fell into the drainage ditch it had been left adjacent to.
The owner claims to be incapable of carrying out the salvage and cleanup work which remains to be done, and the further costs of removal will be borne by local taxpayers.
So im trying to spread the message. I have a direct number to her or to a contact for her if anybody would like to help. I may send toys, another person I know is trying to get her a home set up, so toys and gift cards are good ideas.
Yeah. Good on you. Maybe Mom can hock her nose stud to help out.
Remember its almost thanksgiving and christmas guys and girls.
Please don''t delete this or trash on this lady.
Please don't drop your trash on the highway. People are driving out there 24 hours a day.

If you've run your life into a complete train wreck, don't inflict it on the rest of us.

Oh, and it's Thanksgiving and Christmas. At least capitalize the last one. For Christ's sake.

Ah.... waitaminute. Who was towing the mobile home? Who left it partially blocking what is obviously a busy highway? For how long?Congratulations. That's just what CNN meant for it to do. They could just as easily made it "Negligent Mover Forces Local Authorities to Destroy Mobile Home for the Safety of Others".

A local sheriff whose small, rural, financially-strapped county was left to try and clear a mobile home that had been left as a danger to others on a local highway was left no recourse but to destroy the blockage after several attempts to remove it intact proved unsuccessful.
Left partially blocking the busy roadway, and without proper traffic safety devices in the area to warn motorists, the owner claimed to have insufficient resources to have the large mobile home recovered. It fell to the local authorities to deal with, and after several attempts were made to recover the hazard, a final try proved to be too damaging for the antiquated, cheaply-built structure. It collapsed when it fell into the drainage ditch it had been left adjacent to.
The owner claims to be incapable of carrying out the salvage and cleanup work which remains to be done, and the further costs of removal will be borne by local taxpayers. Yeah. Good on you. Maybe Mom can hock her nose stud to help out.
Please don't drop your trash on the highway. People are driving out there 24 hours a day.

If you've run your life into a complete train wreck, don't inflict it on the rest of us.

Oh, and it's Thanksgiving and Christmas. At least capitalize the last one. For Christ's sake.

Agreed. But what kind of moron tries to move a house with a couple of tractors?

Ah.... waitaminute. Who was towing the mobile home? Who left it partially blocking what is obviously a busy highway? For how long?Congratulations. That's just what CNN meant for it to do. They could just as easily made it "Negligent Mover Forces Local Authorities to Destroy Mobile Home for the Safety of Others".

The owner claims to be incapable of carrying out the salvage and cleanup work which remains to be done, and the further costs of removal will be borne by local taxpayers. Yeah. Good on you. Maybe Mom can hock her nose stud to help out.

What an ass.:|

Just kidding. Don't punish me, I agree.

Spoken like a true prophet.

Joe
SBR

defiant I live by myself and support myself so yeah my mom won't be helping thanks for the nose ring advice. I guess I'll just help her and y'all can delete this thread if your just going to bash her

You could have passed this thread by. Why did you have to come spread hate on those less fortunate to you and to those trying to help, defiant? And I'm on my phone so forgive me for misspelled words

I don't think we're bashing her... just no sympathy.

When somebody or something is an obvious safety risk to others, action must be taken to get rid of said risk, promptly. It doesn't matter why the risk is there or what type of life the person leads that put it there. If it was somebody's $200,000 rv in the same situation would everybody feel the same way? No, Because that guy has money. It doesn't matter if you have $1,000,000 in your pocket or $.01. If you or something of yours poses a risk to others it will be taken care of even if it requires taking everything from you.

If somebody that had no money was to rob a jewelry store, then get shot while leaving, would you feel bad for them?

Something was done that was not legal or completely safe. The problem had to be dealt with.

my mom won't be helping thanks for the nose ring advice.

He was talking about the mother in the video, not yours, unless you were unlucky #13 that got left behind when the home was moved.

I do understand the way journalists manipulate a story for best effect, however, how can we so easily turn a cold shoulder? At least think about her kids, not their fault mom's a moron. So mom's not the brightest bulb on the tree... it's still a story where the end result is a family without a home, approaching winter, and oh yeah the holidays. Especially Christmas. I'm not going to preach my religion to anyone, but that day is about a gift that was given to us.

I'm not saying we should all send her half our paychecks, just maybe we could refrain from looking down our noses at those who are less fortunate than us. I've been where this family is, it's not a nice place to be.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back