The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Kyle Henny's Drag GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heres a front roll stop I'm working on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 175
Looking sexy bud, can you hook up argon to a MIG and get similar reaults? Forgive me if this is very ignorant

If your good you can get similar results, MIG by definition uses gas (usually argon co2 mix about 75/25 or around there) sounds like you normally use flux core? Tig is all i do it's been a few years since ive touched a wire feed welder.

If your good you can get similar results, MIG by definition uses gas (usually argon co2 mix about 75/25 or around there) sounds like you normally use flux core? Tig is all i do it's been a few years since ive touched a wire feed welder.

Not sure what kind of wire but it does splatter a little bit and I have to clean up with grinder / flap wheel etc. I'm not using any gas & get better results with push vs pull. It's just about my 4th time welding. So far just brackets and stuff but would like to some exhaust or waste gate dump etc

@familyMAN
the 6466 can go on soon LOL

Almost done, hust head flange welds, wastegates and porting!
It's tough keeping consistant color with a small 55cf (2.5ft tall) argon bottle :( my machine was doing this weird thing too as i was at about 500psi gas left. I'd slope out to avoid the crater and the tungsten would arc out as if it got contaminated and then the gas flow would stop and burn a piece of the weld. Think it's safe to say you can only successfully use 3/4 of your small argon tank. Can't wait to move to arizona and get 6 275cf tanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 152
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back