The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

KYB Agx help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwazzWicked

Probationary Member
Jul 13, 2016
Thornton, Colorado
So the last few days I have been changing the stock struts/shocks and springs on my 90 Eclipse gst. Fronts went on fine, but when doing the rears I noticed that the stock bushings on the AGXs where it connects to the trailing/control arm are wayy bigger than the bushings on the stock strut. In my haste to get them installed I followed the advice of someone who said to torch out the stock bushings and buy new prothane? bushings for the lower. But after cutting out the old bushings I can't seem to find the correct bushings to be installed. Any help will be appreciated. I apologize for posting in the wrong area, but I'm probationary and can only post in certain places. Thanks in advance guys.

I think you might have the same issue I'm having, but reversed. I bet you have the AWD struts. The I.D. is much larger on the AWD vs FWD based on you saying GST in the post above. I was sent the small I.D. hole FWD struts and cannot install on my AWD. See the picture I am attaching. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20160713_221254.png
    20160713_221254.png
    412.5 KB · Views: 53
That.. Is exactly what the issue is it would seem. Too bad I torched out the damn bushings, I'd just trade with ya! ;) Thanks for the help. Wish I had asked sooner, before I destroyed the damn things. Another $100 down the dsm worm hole! Haha

I'm going to attempt to have the warantee honored even tho I butchered the bushings. I'm currently waiting for a reply from the seller. But as I said, I won't know for atleast another day.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back