The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Koni Yellow front with KYB AGX rears?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AK Thunder

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
After about 20 minutes of searching I've yet to come across anything quite like I'm looking into..

Since Koni Yellows have been discontinued for the rears for the 1G for a bit. I was looking into doing a setup of Yellows in the front and AGX's in the rear.
I'm curious if anyone has done this setup yet and if they can give any input on how it handles.

At the moment I'm not looking to lower the car (Living in AK, during the summer there's a hell of a lot of pot-holes and during the winter... well that's self explanatory). But I'm looking for dampening adjustment, and have been told that the AGX's even on as soft as they go is still extremely stiff..

Now if I wanted to drive on clouds I'd bought a Cadillac a long time ago.
But with how rough the roads get here, it'd be nice to go from a stiff to a more softer suspension.

Also, I'm not planning to go full coil with this car, I know that would solve all my problems, but that's another goal for a different DSM I'm going to drop a 6 bolt into for auto-X and rally:thumb:

Last edited:
Grave digging this thread. I'm in the same boat as the OP with the Koni struts. I've had AGXs on my old car and didnt really care for them. This time around, I have Tein lowering springs instead of GC coils and want to maintain the semblance of a decent ride. Do the 2G rear Konis have the spring perch mount so I can use my current springs? Everything I've found shows them being installed with the GC coils.

If the Konis don't have a rear spring perch, would it be possible to modify my current rears like the fronts and use a front insert? I don't have a physical dimensions so I don't even know if this is possible.

Ive always ran a 1" shorter Koni front and the KYB agx rear. Car rides so nice on the street and with this setup I was able to hit 1.3 60' times. Having this car ran both the agx and koni fronts, I chose the konis. Maybe its the 1" shorter that helps.

Bilstein Touring Class shocks and Bilstein HD Class shocks are two completely different class of shocks. One is a factory replacement, the other can actually perform well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back