The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Knoxville Dsm Meet 09'

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan is 92_talon_tsi , holset hx35 , 25psi boost , supporting mods etc.... The bad news is that deals gap is goin to be closed till june 31 . We just seen it on tdots page . But we still wanna meet at chilhowee lake. Very nice up there and foot hills parkway is a super sick road. Bunch of straights and twistys... It would just be nice to get everybody together...

dan is 92_talon_tsi , holset hx35 , 25psi boost , supporting mods etc.... The bad news is that deals gap is goin to be closed till june 31 . We just seen it on tdots page . But we still wanna meet at chilhowee lake. Very nice up there and foot hills parkway is a super sick road. Bunch of straights and twistys... It would just be nice to get everybody together...

Hmm, earliest reopen date I could find was July 31st. The contract for clean-up will be awarded this Monday.

25psi from a HX35 and he's still on those 550's?!?!?! How the ####?! Should be a quick talon tho with his set up!

550's are plenty... Thats what the wideband is for....haha Having some tranny issues out of his new jack's stage 3.......WTF...

Everybody thinks you have to have huge injectors on these cars....You dont . Just good tunning.. We havent maxed them out yet? 750's 850's and all that garbage are retarded unless you have a drag car or are running e85.

Just thought i'd post a link for you

RC Fuel Injection

550cc injectors are good for 290 crank HP at stock fuel psi with no rising rate regulator and at 90% duty cycle. There's no way you'll have enough fuel to make enough power. I ran out of fuel with 1000cc injectors at 80PSI of fuel psi on 30lbs of boost, that was also logging duty cycles at 112%. Granted my setup has a much higher efficiency rate than yours would at 30lbs but 550s wont carry you very far. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Nick,
Full Boost Tuning
865-249-7591

I'd be curious as to IDC's on that Talon... BTW what trans problems are you having? I just had to take my Jacks built trans out of the Galant.

Where those IDC's on that 35r car Nick?

I dont give a #### what rc says... were tuning @ 12.0 at wot .... dont you think it would be leaning out if we were running out of gas.....and we do have a rising rate... running 55psi.... But whatever.. Everybody can bench race on here .:barf:

93 octane? I've seen a few times where my wideband didn't show anything and my injectors were a little over 100%. Still read 11.3-11.5 all thru the pull.:idontknow:

...I was going to Bristol tomorrow but the GSX has developed a large puddle of oil under it after dinner tonight. I'm hoping it's something small and easy to fix...

We think that the machine shop didnt step the flywheel right.....We hope . Its just not disengageing right. Oh and by the way , If my fuel injectors were maxed out and I still had a 11.5-12.5 afr I wouldnt give a big rats ass , as long as the car ran right . Now if it was leaning out on me , id consider bigger injectors but until then #### it... Blow it up and build another....

money on what?? on the dragstrip? That sounds good to me... The starlets about done!!!!!!!!!:nono:

4g starlet? Badass. What do you think the HX35 talon will run at the track?

Speaking of Bristol, there was alot of cars running yesterday for the first street fight. I saw 4-5 1g's besides mine...and none were running LOL! Just a rediculously slow 95 GSX.

Its a 67mm from turbonetics, but yes those were my IDCs at 8k rpm. Gage you should be logging your idc's, yes you can run them past 90% but you wont be running them there for long. And fuel calculators don't lie, you can only make so much power with a certain size injector. I also assume your running a wal255 which can only carry so much volume to the rail, that pump will run out before 400hp. My A1000 is at its max as well, which is why ill be upgrading to a dual blown setup or an A1001. Youll run into those fuel issues eventually, depending on what kind of power your really wanting to make.

Yeah I passed by bristol dragway and saw it open, really wanted to stop but had other things I needed to do. We will try to get out there in the next month or so, it took a lot not to stop and at least watch some cars run.

As far as betting, I'll put money up on what itll lay down on the dyno, or what kind of times itll run at the track. I hope your not wanting to put money against my car heads up at the track. But either way we can get out and have some fun soon. Looking forward to the meet.

Nick,

well good news 411 is open for the season so i guess we are good on that

Cool nick... ill check it out once we get his tranny worthy....haha .As for the starlet, its got a built 12a with hopefully a hx35-40 . We put down low 8 sec passes on just all motor and it not leaving the line for shit.. We are shooting for 6.5 passses or better... Thats what were wantin to put the money on... Maybe a little starlet v.s awd talon action..LOL:hellyeah:

me dan and wuan for sure........ thats 3 to count on . Me and dan rode the streetbikes up to chilhowee lake today.. Nice ride.

Who all else is goin to be there????????:confused:

Hey guys, here is whats goin on for the 17th around the dragon . Got this off killboy.com ...

4/17/20010

3rd Annual Spring Tail of the Dragon GTG Crossfires

SaDaSs X (MR2 Spyders) at the Tail

Deals Gap Rotary Rally

Buell Riders Dragon III

Looks like we really need to show up in full fledge......

I'll come out but I'll have to bring the glorified DSM because my laser is still not done. I've got some other Dsm's Coming with me Though. If your boy Dan Wants to race a friend of mine is coming in his 91 Talon and It's pretty fast. They might have to go from a roll though because he keeps breaking Rear Axles when he launches it. Well I'll see u guys on sat.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back