The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Knowledgeable DSM machine shop in Illinois or Colorado

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auto Machine in St. Charles is the shop I use now, they corrected some of APEX's mistakes. They do the engine machining for AMS and a whole lot more that most auto machine shops couldn't dream of doing. Basically they do billet engine blocks in addition to engine re-machining.

I'll have to stop in and check them out when I'm back home in StC. Google says they are 15 mins away but That seems really optimistic.

They are a little hard to find, smack dab in the middle of a bunch of houses. It has (2) big garage bay doors and a little front office.

Once I looked at the map I knew exactly where it was. Because of the way the train tracks run and there used to be factories to the north, so that part of St. Charles is kind of blocked off.

It's kinda trick though. You drive up off of I-64, then turn off and down 2 blocks down a side street. It's right next to a bunch of houses and about 1 block before the tracks. You would think it's sitting near the tracks because that is Industrial Area, but it's 1 block before that in the residential area. If you google search then you should be OK. I drove in circles till I found it. But if you look for a big industrial looking warehouse with 2 big garage bay doors......that is it basically.

The employee I met was pretty cool. Basically they helped design and fabricate the AMS Billet GTR block. I had been searching for AMS's machine shop for awhile, then I saw them on Facebook and figured it might just be Auto Machine. He pretty much admitted they supply AMS with their blocks and custom machine work, don't say I mentioned it though....LOL. The prices were extremely reasonable and their turn around times were extremely fast. I think APEX machine I waited 4-5 months for the block work and at that point I couldn't take it anymore when they block sanded the deck I was completely shocked. If you seen APEX's shop it was packed but a complete dump, owner was cool but results speak for themselves. Auto Machine figured that APEX probably didn't have the equipment or were to lazy to deck the block, though they did flycut a cylinder head I had and it actually came out pretty good. Thus, I'm only using Auto Machine for everything I ever do in the future since they are like 15 minutes from my house.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back