The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Knowledgeable DSM machine shop in Illinois or Colorado

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boostin Performance if you have baller money $$$

But I'm on the same boat. If you read the reviews on Apex, there's a negative about some Porsche engine fiasco. I think there was even more errors on our local board (chitowndsm) but that was years ago.

A good shop I've heard is Class One INC.
Another is Auto Machine INC
Geared up INC

If you in Colorado, I'm sure @biglady112 can help

I have been using the same machine shops since 2003. What are you needing done? I generally.do the coordinating and building for people. I have two engine builds going right now. And yes, I am in colorado.

I know this is kind of old and I've been out of the dsm world since 2009. Is Apex still a good company to use for a Evo 3 build?

Sorry I meant to say AMS, I'm also from Colorado so I'm curious who are some trustworthy shops here for dsm?

I’m also interested, living in Wyoming. I would generally look to Salt Lake or Denver As the closest likely places to get a shop that has the chops for a quality 4g63 rebuild. Regardless of your goals, a good machine shop is essential to a good build.

I reached out to iCraveBoostPerformance, which I think they share a shop w/Divulge Motorsports (dyno side) in Englewood. They messaged me back on IG, were nice, and commented that they specialized in 1g/2g 4G63’s. I have not had any work performed by them personally, but they have good reviews. (I totally spaced I had this conversation a few weeks ago, as I’m searching for someone to rebuild my motor in the next year or so)

Hey man I’m in the process of assembling my second long block from AMS, nothing was wrong with my last motor, I just tore it down because I didn’t want to push my luck on stock rods/pistons, I have high hopes for this engine as well. I supplied everything but the bearings, they installed my kiggly girdle along with a line/hone and torque plate cylinder hone. I can pm you my receipt if you like, I think their prices are pretty fair:thumb:

Hey man I’m in the process of assembling my second long block from AMS, nothing was wrong with my last motor, I just tore it down because I didn’t want to push my luck on stock rods/pistons, I have high hopes for this engine as well. I supplied everything but the bearings, they installed my kiggly girdle along with a line/hone and torque plate cylinder hone. I can pm you my receipt if you like, I think their prices are pretty fair:thumb:
Wow thanks! Do they do stuff like timing belts, head gaskets, water pump, basic bolt on's? Or just motor work?

No their a machine shop not a dealership LOL, icraveboost might perform those services, but man every one of those things mentioned are things this forum and online community can help you with! I hadn’t done more than oil change when I first bought my car, and threw YouTube videos and knowledge on this forum I’ve done all those things you mentioned:thumb: Machine work is one thing, but timing belts, bolt on’s etc are just nuts and bolts, the key point being following the correct order of operations is where some good advice or a video come in handy. Also a decent craftsman tool set or equivalent, you should check out jafromoblie on YouTube, SUPER informative videos that are also fun to watch:dsm:

No their a machine shop not a dealership LOL, icraveboost might perform those services, but man every one of those things mentioned are things this forum and online community can help you with! I hadn’t done more than oil change when I first bought my car, and threw YouTube videos and knowledge on this forum I’ve done all those things you mentioned:thumb: Machine work is one thing, but timing belts, bolt on’s etc are just nuts and bolts, the key point being following the correct order of operations is where some good advice or a video come in handy. Also a decent craftsman tool set or equivalent, you should check out jafromoblie on YouTube, SUPER informative videos that are also fun to watch:dsm:
Well most bolt on stuff I can do, but there are a few things I was never taught, like timing belt, clutch swap, cam install and any transmission work, so I'll definitely check out those you mentioned and really appreciate the advice. This evo 3 isn't my first dsm but it's my first evo so I don't wanna screw anything up and honestly, YouTube doesn't have much for the Evo 3, I looked for the last 2-3 hrs and there are very few that even speak English LOL

I assemble everything myself.

blocks- the block shop
Cylinder heads- Colorado automotive machine
Crankshafts-Mile High crankshaft

i took the evo to iCraveBoostPerformance here in Denver those guys/girls are AMAZING and prices are fair. i think i found the perfect doctor for my new baby ;)

I assemble everything myself.

blocks- the block shop
Cylinder heads- Colorado automotive machine
Crankshafts-Mile High crankshaft

I am also looking for a machine shop in Colorado (Denver area) that can machine a 4g63t 6-bolt head, block and crank. Looks like Colorado Automotive Machine is permanently closed. Anyone have further suggestions for machine shops? Is iCraveBoostPerformance a good place for this sort of work?

I am also looking for a machine shop in Colorado (Denver area) that can machine a 4g63t 6-bolt head, block and crank. Looks like Colorado Automotive Machine is permanently closed. Anyone have further suggestions for machine shops? Is iCraveBoostPerformance a good place for this sort of work?
I don’t think they do their own machine work. Assembly, yes.

I can definitely say APEX is not the machine shop you want to use.....absolutely you don't want to use them.

I waited 4 months for my block and had to beg them to finish it every month. They block sanded my engine deck surface and only honed to size the bores instead of actually boring them for my over-size Carillo pistons. That left some bore taper and non-roundness that is putting the engine on the tolerance limits, which wasn't exactly what I was looking for but useable as a street build.

Auto Machine in St. Charles is the shop I use now, they corrected some of APEX's mistakes. They do the engine machining for AMS and a whole lot more that most auto machine shops couldn't dream of doing. Basically they do billet engine blocks in addition to engine re-machining.

Last edited:
Hell yeah they are! They do literally everything in house. I'd get in now before racing seasons starts cause their shop fills up fast!!! I just had them do a full bolt on, e85 tune and alot of maintenance on my Evo 3 and it made 440whp but he turned it back down to around 415whp for longevity.Schiller is the freaking man

HiPro engines is now my go to.

They did an awesome job on my Festiva engine including the program we put together for a copper head gasket.

Colorado Automotive Machine retired.

The boys at The Block Shop also retired. Fall of 2021 is when they all hung their hats up.

The I crave boost dude is not a machinist.

Carz and Madcap are in the same building and under the same ownership/umbrella for Western Distribution. Western has a large amount of businesses they run. Some automotive some not.

I can definitely say APEX is not the machine shop you want to use.....absolutely you don't want to use them.

I waited 4 months for my block and had to beg them to finish it every month. They block sanded my engine deck surface and only honed to size the bores instead of actually boring them for my over-size Carillo pistons. That left some bore taper and non-roundness that is putting the engine on the tolerance limits, which wasn't exactly what I was looking for but useable as a street build.

Auto Machine in St. Charles is the shop I use now, they corrected some of APEX's mistakes. They do the engine machining for AMS and a whole lot more that most auto machine shops couldn't dream of doing. Basically they do billet engine blocks in addition to engine re-machining.
What was the turnaround time at auto machine?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back