The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Knock sensor gone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andytalon

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 27, 2005
Boston, Massachusetts
So I took my logger today and I had it idle. I was just fooling around with the logger and I noticed that I have 0 knock all the time (not tuned), but my O2-r is .11 and my O2-f is a constant 3.49. Anyone know why, do I need a new knock sensor???:confused:

If you are running super rich, then you will not monitor knock as it is not seeing any.

Check the condition of your current sensor, remove it, and look at the back, if the goo has run out and it gone then it needs replacing.

where is the knock sensor???? never really new:cry:

its in the back of the motor under the intake manifold gasket between the a/c compressor and starter motor. its got a wire going from it to the wiring harness.

Here you go. This is where the knock sensor is located, on the back of the block by cylinder 2.

Attachments

• knock.JPG
    knock.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 152
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back