The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Knock rate 15!!! help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992_Talon_tsi

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2009
MIAMI, Florida
Ok guys today when i logged my car and the knock rate its at 15 at WOT i know this is not normal, the sensor its new was replaced a couple of weeks ago altho i adjusted with my hands cause theres no way i could get a wrench in there this could possibly be? or also im my fpr its at 40psi maybe raising it a little bit to 43psi or so would do the job?

You need to reach your hang up under the manifold and put a wrench on the knock sensor and tighten it down. If it's too loose or too tight it will register knock that may not even really be there.

Also, raising your fuel pressure won't do anything for you. You need to have something to tune with, like an SAFC at the very least.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back