The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Kiggly Racing stops out @ Force Engineering for some dyno time

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyno is just a tool nothing more.. traps speed is whats is all about! :)

Trap speed has the weight and aerodynamic factors that heavier influence it. Gearing can also affect the trap speed too.

Dyno time is super critical. It allow you to work out a lot of bugs before hitting the track. Guys like to subsitute Dyno time for street tuning. Well I am here to ask to you guys to be ultra careful tuning on the street. I lost a friend to street the tuning two months ago. I built him a Civic that was tune by Derf Tune in Miami. The car made 760hp on a Dynojet. He took it back to Anguilar after the tune. He and his buddy were doing more tuning on the street back on the island and he lost control of it at high speed. He and his friend were both killed. This was 1 month after the car left my house. I tell guys all the time to go support the local dyno shops. This is 2013 and guys are putting down more than 300hp. It is no longer safe to street tune. Get it initially dial in on the dyno and take it to the track to do the rest the the full throttle tune.

Not every track is slow so it can take forever to tune your car at the track some times. At Atlanta Dragway, you might only get two runs for a five hour track time. It is crazy busy some times and slow at other time. Guys that did not budget for Dyno time would do street tuning. My friend Rau and his brother Abraham was testing his 125 nitrous kit kit C5 Corvette and lost control on the street. The car kicked side way and they go t-bone by an Acura TL. I know that are two long winded stories but I am really advocating the use of dyno for testing despite what the dyno might read. Take it to different dynos and see what your car can make. This way you an gauge setup and make improvement.

Im 150% all for using dynos over street tune, theres no other way to get a car dial in. what im saying is 600hp vs 780hp means nothing... different dynos read different period, dyno is bacically a tool to get your afrs, timing, bugs and many other things fixed in a safe enviroment.

To confirm John's post, yes - I am running that turbo with a 1.25AR turbine housing. I'm running a 3.5" outlet pipe that is about 3ft long total.

Jose, Hondas are still playing catch-up to the GM cars from 5+ years ago. I'm not trying to compete with the SFWD cars, nor do I have any desire or plans to change the car over to run a class I could feasibly run 1-2 races a year while going slower due to the smaller tires and removing the wheelie bars. I love what the Honda guys are doing, but it doesn't fit at all with what I'm doing.

Kevin

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back