The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved Kiggly girdle deflection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curt-s

Supporting Member
Dec 21, 2008
Winnipeg, MB_Canada
So, I'm not sure if this is normal for the @kiggly girdle or not and what effect it will have as they're fairly clear in their documentation that installed cap height shouldn't differ by more than a few thousandths, but both girdle halves have the same deflection in the middle. This girdle was purchased new through @DSSA.

We're talking 0.038" here.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The one on the right looks flat but that's only because it's opposite of the other -- the two ends actually curl up.

As soon as you throw 60ftlb via the stud nuts on it I am sure it will flatten but I'm just not sure if I got a dud set or not. Are they supposed to be "perfectly" flat?

Already solved. Got to hand it to @kiggly, they do customer service right. Not that I had any doubt, I've been following and wanting some of their parts for over a decade.

Some deflection in the girdle is normal part of manufacturing but this amount didn't sit well so they're already sending a replacement set.

If I wasn't getting so many dirty looks from the wife about recent costs I would have added another item to the replacement order just as a thank you but my gratitude will have to suffice for now. I choose when I want to sleep on the couch.

I use his Oil regulator, Valve Springs/Retainers, Girdles, Front clutch packs, and Flex Plate. It is all very dependable and quality manufacturing. I am not surprised that they are sending out another set. I wish I wasn't as far along on my engine, I could have looked at my girdle just a couple of weeks ago. Now I can't see it, which is a good thing.

That's alright, Marty. I wish I was further into my build rather than being still at step 1: get stuff measured. Having the car down last summer was painful -- if I wasn't distracted with the basement I would have gone crazy. Although, had the car been up, I wouldn't have been spending the time doing the basement, so.. six of one, amirite?
They're sending this set up to Canada here so that I can avoid a lengthy and costly border trip. I'll just clear it myself in-city.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back