The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Keys and Locks

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TunedUp

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2011
Newport News, Virginia
Haven't seen much on this topic, and I can't seem to find anything for sale. So my question is where can I find new locks all around with ignition cylinder with keys? All help is much appreciated!

Jnz sell a complete kit, i think its around 150 last time i asked. Even if its not needed i say its a great idea to have incase they stop selling them

Thank you for the replies. I looked on there and it is showing $155 for just one side at least that is how I perceived how it states it.

Thank you for the replies. I looked on there and it is showing $155 for just one side at least that is how I perceived how it states it.
Call them up or email them, they do sell a kit for around the same price,

I had a situation where I lost the key for my project car. I had an extra ignition lock with key, so I swapped that out, but was then stuck with the predicament where that key didn't open anything else on the car. I ended up rekeying the rest of the car to match the key. It didn't cost me anything except a trip to the pull yard to scavenge for lock pins.

If that is something that may help you, I'd be happy to do a write up.

I had a situation where I lost the key for my project car. I had an extra ignition lock with key, so I swapped that out, but was then stuck with the predicament where that key didn't open anything else on the car. I ended up rekeying the rest of the car to match the key. It didn't cost me anything except a trip to the pull yard to scavenge for lock pins.

If that is something that may help you, I'd be happy to do a write up.
I am in the exact situation you were in. I own 2 keys. 1 that looks brand new that only works on the ignition, and 1 really old maleable key that barely opens the driver door now. I can't open the hatch or passenger except for inside the car. I write up would be awesome!
EDIT: Sorry, I'm not trying to thread jack.

I am in the exact situation you were in. I own 2 keys. 1 that looks brand new that only works on the ignition, and 1 really old maleable key that barely opens the driver door now. I can't open the hatch or passenger except for inside the car. I write up would be awesome!
EDIT: Sorry, I'm not trying to thread jack.

I'd be happy to do it.

So my issue is that my key opens the drivers door, but the passenger door doesn't work. So, your idea might save me some money as I would only have to buy a new lock for the passenger side then re-key it. Let me know when you get the write up done.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back