The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

keyless not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96eclipsegsx56

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 11, 2011
lowellville, Ohio
so i bought this car 2 months ago...guy said keyless never worked since he had it...i checked behind driver panel...i have the keyless box...and its plugged in...so i tried to set the remote using the way i searched and found on here where you connect the 1 and 4 connector and your supposed to cycle the key...well when i do this it does not lock or unlock the doors like its supposed to, to let you know your in program mode...any ideas?

Attachments

• keyless.jpg
    keyless.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 68
  • keyless2.jpg
    keyless2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 73
If you're sure you securely connected the pins, then you have an issue with the OBD2 port, the ETACS ECU or a blown fuse.

Are you able to connect and read anything with a scan tool or log with a datalogger connected to the OBD2 port?

Do you have continuity between OBD2 pin 1 and the wireless receiver connector pin 7?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Do you have continuity between ETACS ECU pin 34 (below) and ^ receiver pin 15?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the exact same issue on my spyder I'm told it could be the harness that connect to the back of the key lock cylinder of both doors if it's disconnected or broken then the power locks won't work at all.

Rix

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back