The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Key not applying power to starter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcmuscle3

Proven Member
Sep 18, 2013
Tazewell, Virginia
ok, so i just got the new flywheel put in. After i get everything back together I go to start the car and the key does nothing. I can hear it powering my fuel pump but my starter simply isnt getting the signal from the key. I can ark the starter with a screwdriver and it works fine. ideas?

Make sure everything you unplugged is plugged back in. Check all your wires for a bad connection from you moving it around. Do you have instrument lights go on?

yes all my lights and everything works. only thing that doesnt work is my starter when i turn my key

check the main power from battery to starter, then connection for solenoid make sure its tight then I would check switch at clutch, just throwing ideas out but a place to start.

You probably have a loose wire at the terminals. Do a voltage drop test or check the voltage going to the starter.

Not sure about the 4g63 but on the 420a there's a starter relay behind the radio. My buddy had the same problem but he could jump off the starter, turned out to be the relay. Google that it might be your problem if your starter is hooked up right.

It worked okay before the clutch work. Broken wire? Is ground secure? That area is difficult to see and hard to get to. Double check installation.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back